100+ years

I'm not going to lie, i only read the first and last pages of this so if someone mentioned it in the second or third page, sorry. But, as of now, hardware is WAY ahead of software. Most new computers have dual core processors, but we barely use any of it (i'm talking home, average user computers). People are talking about 100 core processors, but would we really need that much power? How much of it will go to waste? Right now, i have my Pentium D 3.2 GHZ dual core processor. With yahoo widgets, firefox, and windows media open it is barely going over 6% (it fluctuates, but 6 is about the average). So even with insane virtual reality and stuff, would we use all that hardware?

But anyway, people have been saying the world is going to end in 20 years for century's. I heard something "experts" in the 50's predicted that by the new millennium, our water would run out. Looks to me like they were wrong. So i think with the rapid advancement of technology, we will be able to find a cleaner form of energy. That is, of course, assuming that we dont find a really really good way to blow ourselves up first.
The Mayan civilization ended before 1000 AD. They predicted the world would end in 2012.

Back on topic - The next version of Windows, due out in 2009, is supposedly going to change the way we interact with computers. Who knows how...but I bet they find a use for incredibly powerful hardware:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_Vienna

yeah but the thing you have to consider , the latest pc technologies are used by power users who have the need for that much power example gamers , if people could game on a pentium 3 then there would be no need for a high end components the market alwasy develops for the igh end user , whereas the honme users needs never increase that much excet when a new operating system was released , if win vista wasnt released i would prolly be happy with my system as it is now as it would be capable but i wanna run vista so i want a new rig

another thing i believe is that todays gaming technologys can be used in budget machines later , so look at my pentium 4 , about 2 years ago this would have been a top of the line gaming processor but now it isin my budged home use machine , same with core 2 duo , in 3-4 years i think quad cores will prolly dominate and the core 2 duo will be a budget processor used for computers in offices and schools

hey i didnt spam the forums
i like talking on the forums
the only thing ive done bad is spell wrong =P
but any way
u guys have some interesting ideas of whats going on
i wish this country was more devoted to going to mars
because when we went to the moon we invented so much
stuph i can only imagine what we would be inventing
in computers

lol we are talking about computers. now we are on to the myans.

cool though. the myans are freaking me out. I can't wait till that day.

It will probably be a normal day just like 2000.

lol i cant wait like
the day before the myans say the worlds ending u see like 2500 people killing
them selves before they dont want to die a pain full death

lol. I'm staying up all day and night on that day. and just sitting there in a little ball on my uber 733t computer! lol

Haha I don't know about you guys, but I'm gonna be spending the night of December 20th 2012 with some super hot girl...just in case, you know :p

lol.

Yea I will do that too.

But you know what, nothing is probably going to happen.

i didnt call anyone a post whore at all i hope you dont think that i was calling you or anyone else a post whore
It's OK, I know you wouldn't do that, it was dude having a joke, mind you if a member said it seriously, then they may be in a spot of bother!, Incidentally it was David that gave UK the 3 day ban which is up at 9pm GMT tomorrow, as it was David, it'd be wise of him not to create a fuss about it.

I personally think that the home computer will be dead, and all our data will be on a mainframe somewhere, all our houses will be connected to the web with fibre optic cabling, which will be fast enough to store our data online somewhere. Our houses will all be voice activated aswell..

Back
Top Bottom