Graphics Card Problems

Aianiel

Solid State Member
First of all, Hey Everyone. I used to post on another forum, but they were not to helpful. so i'm going to try this one :D .

I just bought a 7600gs graphics card. Before, I had onboard graphics. I put the card in the slot, and the fan spins. However, when I plug the monitor into the card my monitor doesn't recognize it. The light shines orange on the monitor, and not green. It shines green when it is recognizing a signal from the PC. So, because the screen is just black I cannot install drivers.
Any help on the situation?

Thank You and Hello Everyone :)

What brand and model is the computer you are installing the card into?

In some models, you will need to enter the BIOS at boot-up to disable the on-board video. You will also need to uninstall the on-board video card from Windows device manager before installing the new card..

ya thats happned with me with my first video card
just shut off on board graphics

I have a Dell Dimension 4700 PC.

I set the on-board to auto (so it will recognize new graphics plug-ins) but, I did not uninstall onboard video from the device manager. If I do this, and the card doesnt work, will I be able to get the onboard video back?

Thanks for the response :)

You should.

Go into the bios and set it to a pci-express card.

When I go into the BIOS, while pressing F2 at start up, I don't see a switch to PCI-Express option, just ONBOARD and AUTO. But if i disable the onboard graphics with windows device manager, will I be able to get them back if the card doesn't work??

Yea, it should be be set to AUTO in the BIOS. Other than that, you should only need to uninstall the drivers for the on-board video and then install the new card.

Thanks for the Response!

It would probably be a good idea to burn the onboard drivers to a disc, in case the card doesn't work, right?

Well, I did what you said Atomic Rooster and it did not work. Actually, the fan on my video card doesnt even spin anymore when I plug it in :-/. Now when I have reloaded the onboard graphics drivers everything is really small (windows login, taskbars, etc.)......Damn, I'm starting to get ticked off.

Back
Top Bottom