Anything else??

Celegorm

Site Team
Staff member
Well, I'll be bringing in my comptuer to work tomarrow because I have some bad RAM (again) The RAM is making my comptuer shutdown. I have ran MEMtest and it ran into three errors before shutting down.

I used a digital meter to read my volts from my PSU to make sure it was good, and everything held steady at +/- 0.15 volts from where they should be.

I know that dominator RAM does not agree with 680 chipsets, so i'm gonig with somethign that i know works well, Buffalo Firestix. But I have a question for you. Do you think i've missed anything right now? Or do you think that when i pop in new ram to test that's really all that is left, besides a possible bad mobo?

^^ yeah, that much I know. But is there anything else I havn't thought of that you think I should check out while it's down just to be sure it is all ok?

Well you said your psu was giving out good voltage, so that should be good.

If memtest failed its going to be your memory. Everything should be fine.

Have you tested your PSU under load? If its flakey then thats when its gonna under perform mate. Sometimes a BIOS update can help with incompatable RAM, so are there any newer updates that address this problem?

Yeah, the voltage tester I used has fake load on it so It should be relitivly accurate.

I will do a bios update to be safe, but the dominators still are not on the compatability list. Its weird, it's little brother, the XMS2 is compatable....

Just a bump to update all those who helped confirm my suspicions:

I installed new RAM and updated BIOS. Now, I am able to run memtest with no errors as long as I want. My system hasn't shut itself down since the new ram, so i can only hope...

Assuming It's all good now, thanks for helping me confirm my suspicions

Back
Top Bottom