Vista?

All games that came out and were not meant to be played on vista, so far the only one that i can think of that is meant for vista is halo2, anyway all games are exactly the same quality on XP (might even be a little faster) Get vista as a christmas present, by then, it might be worth buying.

Well i am gonna get back into playing City of Heros again and my one friend got it working on there. And how i'm seeing it, they'll keep fixing bugs and driver problems so by the time i want a new game. whether it be new or not, it should work i'm guessing. Unless their slow and lazy at microsoft. and i'm thinking about buying home premium edition of vista. Haven't decided yet.

Well, I use Vista, and I've had no compatibilty problems. There's a perceived "incompatibleness" about vista that is simply not true. I've thrown everything at vista and it's run everything. Sure, they're be a handful of titles that will have a few problems (like 1%), but the so-called teething problems that people were expecting Vista to exhibit have been unfounded. It's been designed for backwards compatibility.

Vista is not simply XP with a few bolted addons. It's a complete refurb. New Network comunication stack, far far tighter security, in my experience far far more stable (Drivers have to be developed to comply with strict guidlines, especially Graphics, unlike the looser XP specs.) and will be the defacto OS in only a few months time. XP support will gradually deminish and all new software will be developed with vista in mind.

Why bother buying XP when you can get Vista for the same price. The difference below the hood (like the stuff you won't even notice) is worth the change over for security and stability sake. Even Basic Vista is better over XP. So what if it doesn't have Aero - duhhh, nor does XP!

Vista has been around for enough months now that most hardware and peripherals have Vista drivers. Just check that there all supported, and go the Vista route. No point going backwards, even if it's for the sake of 6 months, is it?

Well, I use Vista, and I've had no compatibilty problems. There's a perceived "incompatibleness" about vista that is simply not true. I've thrown everything at vista and it's run everything. Sure, they're be a handful of titles that will have a few problems (like 1%), but the so-called teething problems that people were expecting Vista to exhibit have been unfounded. It's been designed for backwards compatibility.

Vista is not simply XP with a few bolted addons. It's a complete refurb. New Network comunication stack, far far tighter security, in my experience far far more stable (Drivers have to be developed to comply with strict guidlines, especially Graphics, unlike the looser XP specs.) and will be the defacto OS in only a few months time. XP support will gradually deminish and all new software will be developed with vista in mind.

Why bother buying XP when you can get Vista for the same price. The difference below the hood (like the stuff you won't even notice) is worth the change over for security and stability sake. Even Basic Vista is better over XP. So what if it doesn't have Aero - duhhh, nor does XP!

Vista has been around for enough months now that most hardware and peripherals have Vista drivers. Just check that there all supported, and go the Vista route. No point going backwards, even if it's for the sake of 6 months, is it?

Awesome response..........I agree 100%

I personally think the only thing vista is good for is advancing computer technology. I hate vista's interface and everything else about it but Microsoft is the big guy everyone has to keep up with. They built vista knowing that computers were not yet good enough for them and knew that they would have to adapt, and developers would have to develop. I thank vista for that but it has not yet reached the point of perfection with the current technology.

I personally think the only thing vista is good for is advancing computer technology. I hate vista's interface and everything else about it but Microsoft is the big guy everyone has to keep up with. They built vista knowing that computers were not yet good enough for them and knew that they would have to adapt, and developers would have to develop. I thank vista for that but it has not yet reached the point of perfection with the current technology.
Have you ever used Vista personally for more than 5 minutes??

I agree 100%. I used RC2 during 6 months and no complains. Compatibility problems is with people who have branded computer (compaq, HP...) or bad quality materials. Nvidia, Asus, Ati and stuff had no problems with drivers. The lastest nvidia drivers (of may 31st) are showing the same result on vista and xp (vista is even better sometimes!!!)

mthoto-> They didn't make it against average people computers, windows XP also needed 2x the RAM of windows 98....

I have vista dual-boot on both my laptop and my desktop (check my sig). I like it.. then i dont. It can be alright after you get used to it.. but when i go back to XP i always ask myself why i switched.

As for windows xp needed 2x the ram.. thats is what Microsoft does, im not saying its a bad thing. Since they are the big computer company.. everybody has to adapt to them, if they did make these hogging systems computers would be really crappy right now(that and gaming). Look at xp now, its running wonderfully, im sure, given time Vista will be aswell.

Back
Top Bottom