Computer Security

dynoman

Baseband Member
Im really interested in this career and I would like to hear your guys opinion on this career? Do you guys think this career with be really boring or averaged? Also anyone know what is the daily duties of this career? Thanks for any suggestions

i voted for a good career. i mean its your job to secure a system(s) and its kind of like a mission. if you fail then hackers can get in. if you do good then not only do you feel good but your beaten a hacker which takes some brains.
it depends if your interested in it though

Personally I think it would be good career choice. Good money etc but it may be a little boring after a while

This has been one of my future career choices for a while. Challenging enough to not be boring, and interesting. If you like working with computers (especially networking) it's a pretty good choice. Lots of money in it too.

I think it would be interesting. The pay would probably be decent, and stuff is always changing so you'd always be learning new stuff.

Im really interested in this career and I would like to hear your guys opinion on this career? Do you guys think this career with be really boring or averaged? Also anyone know what is the daily duties of this career? Thanks for any suggestions

Overall intresting, however spending all day dealing with antivirus and antispyware isnt fun.

I spend alot of time working with McAfee ePO server and webroot spysweeper enterprise.

the pay is actually really good if you know what your doing. as long as there is no security problems they will pay you big bucks

yeah i heard pay was good, I think im really going to pursuit this career, i mean there will be those boring days, but thats why its called a job.

Its only gonna be a good career if its something you wanna do, if your hearts not in it and your just wanting to do it for the money then your probably not gonna enjoy it. Some of the certifications for this are extremely difficult (CEH comes to mind here). You will spend alot of your time doing penetration tests etc. Your also gonna be studying all the time, as you need to renew your certifications in this area all the time, to keep upto date on all the latest techniques.

Back
Top Bottom