Conflict between ATI Graphics and AMD Processors

skinhead81

Solid State Member
Has anyone had any issues with the above? I've upgraded to an AMD 64 x2 and firstly found XP SP2 won't work with it. After discovering this issue i've realised that there is some conflict between my graphics card and mobo and processor. Does anyone know what causes this and have any ideas for a solution?
The processor is AMDx2 64 6000+ and the mobo is Asus M2V. The graphics card is an ATI Sapphire 256MB PCIE.
Cheers

ive got an ati express 200 256mb and an amd sempron 3000 in my desktop and it works perfect. i also havent noticed any other topics about conflicts

how does your x2 not work with xp sp2??? I'm really curious, cuz I've never seen any problems running xp on any of the 64's. Sounds more like one of the components is not functioning properly. You should describe your problem a little more so we actually know what your talking about though.

ya there isnt any a compatibility issue between ati and amd there the SAME THING just a different division. the cpu itself has "no memory" so the operating system has NO affect.

Did you just upgrade your CPU? Ig yes, reinstalling windows might help since during the installation, windows was configured for the old CPU.

Back
Top Bottom