Anyone Here Use Avant Browser ?

Never even heard of it... I'll check it out.

Edit: Using it as I type this. I like that you get more room on the screen for the web page and the tools and tabs are smaller. Don't know if I could really get into it. It doesn't have the toolbar bookmarks like Firefox does (something I use daily because I'm lazy).

It acts like its IE with a different skin. Eh, I like Firefox more.

I used it and wasn't impressed. It's basically IE6 with a few new features. If you want to use IE just use IE7. I prefer firefox because it's more customizable and it's faster. I don't like the fact that avant is based off of the IE6 engine, too many bugs in IE6.

yeah, I used it for a time. basically ie6 with tabbed browsing. Once ie7 came out might as well use that.

Yeah, I have to agree that I hate the fact that it is based on IE7 and I don't care too much for skins. Other than that though I like it.

It looks somewhat cramped at first but thats nothing a little customizing cant fix. This is what mine looks like now.

ish.jpg

It's got thngs that firefox and IE7 don't that I use all the time. Here are some of my favorites:

-Url Alias (You can type "gg" instead of "google.com")
-Mouse Gestures (Hold down the right click and drag to the right to go back a page, also many others.)
-The seach bar can highlight, find, or google depending on what you click.
-You can open a blank tab, home page tab, or currnet page tab with the little drop down menu next to the button. (The button itself can be programmed to whichever you want.)
-You can stack or cascade tabs like they are windows.

How 'bout them apples? :cool:

edit: oh yea I forgot, not sure if its the same as firefox but if you right click the toolbars you can choose bookmarks bar.

Yeah, I have to agree that I hate the fact that it is based on IE7 and I don't care too much for skins. Other than that though I like it.

It looks somewhat cramped at first but thats nothing a little customizing cant fix. This is what mine looks like now.

ish.jpg

It's got thngs that firefox and IE7 don't that I use all the time. Here are some of my favorites:

-Url Alias (You can type "gg" instead of "google.com")
-Mouse Gestures (Hold down the right click and drag to the right to go back a page, also many others.)
-The seach bar can highlight, find, or google depending on what you click.
-You can open a blank tab, home page tab, or currnet page tab with the little drop down menu next to the button. (The button itself can be programmed to whichever you want.)
-You can stack or cascade tabs like they are windows.

How 'bout them apples? :cool:

edit: oh yea I forgot, not sure if its the same as firefox but if you right click the toolbars you can choose bookmarks bar.

what windows skin are you using??

Back
Top Bottom