Vista?

Okay, my computer... AMD 3200. 2 gigs Kingston Ram. Nvidia GeForce 7600 GS. Would this be good enough to run Vista without problems? I just want to make sure this is the home premium that people are talking about since they are a couple versions or whatever. I just want to get the right one before i buy it. Thanks for all the help.

Yeah, it should be fine. You can run Aero on that no problem. Question for you though, do you OC?

I never have before. Never really had the need to. And two i don't know if i should i have a small heating issue that i don't want to push even further.

get the first one. Why? Because if you wanted the x64 version, you only need to pay a small fee to get it with the retail version. You can't get it with OEM. And you also have three licenses with the retail version.

Personally, I'm running a dual boot - Vista and XP. Vista has a very nice look to it. But unless you have one of the higher flavours such as business or Ultimate, it's really just more of a resourse hog. I have ultimate. I don't use any of the features that come with it. I'm sure if you wanted all the extra and security such as encyption, thats great! I don't need any of it so I just stick with XP. First - It works, its been out for a while so they have alot of the bugs fixed in XP, unlike Vista where it has just been released and obviously still has major flaws. EG: the LACK OF DRIVERS FOR CERTAIN DEVICES grrr.

I'd say, if your an average user, it's really up to you. Vista's nice, but don't go out of your way to get it. XP will sufice.

i have dual boot with xp and vista ultimate, and i like xp way more, im not gonna get into all the trash everyone talks...but look at my specs in my sig, and i still feel like an old man using vista, with all the "easy" interface, and just how much longer every program takes to open. i like aero but i end up changing it to classic theme anyway.

Well the thing is my hard drive crashed for some reason. Its fine, it still works. But i lost my copy of xp on there. SO i need to buy another one. And i figured i would look into vista. I use my computer a lot. I game on an average basis. Mainly internet, messaging, and many other things. So i figured i would get the info on vista and see if its worth switching. So is it worth it still or should i just stay with XP?

Back
Top Bottom