Whats this spec like?

daniel1011

Beta member
Hi there, I came across your forums on google an thought I would post this here

I'm buying a new PC but i am on a tight budget. I live in ireland and pc's are more expensive on these shores!

Operating System: Genuine Windows® XP Home professional - English
Power Supply: 700 Watt Alienware® Approved Multi-GPU Power Supply
Motherboard: NVIDIA nForce 590 SLI Motherboard
Processor: AMD Athlonâ„¢ 64 X2 4600+ 2.4GHz Processor with HyperTransport and Dual Core Technology
Memory: High Performance 800MHz DDR2 SDRAM - 1GB - 2 x 512MB
Video Card: 256MB NVIDIA® GeForce™ 8600 GTS
System Drive: Single Drive Configuration - 250 GB Serial ATA 3 Gbit/s, 7,200 RPM with 8MB Cache
Optical Drive One: 18x Dual Layer DVD±R/W Drive
Sound Card: High-Definition 7.1 Performance Audio - Standard

I want to be ble to run games like counter strike source and battlefield no problem. would this be enough?

Yeah, CS:S and BF2 or BF2124 would be a piece of cake to that machine.

I'd recommend building your own PC over getting an Alienware, you can save as much as up to half of the cost probably.

Yeah, CS:S and BF2 or BF2124 would be a piece of cake to that machine.

I'd recommend building your own PC over getting an Alienware, you can save as much as up to half of the cost probably.

x2

Alienware is owned by Dell... right? They really overcharge. So you're really paying for the name more than the acctual componets. Building it yourself can be much cheaper. Only downside, you are the Troubleshooting 1800 number. But if you ever have problems you can come back and post on CF. The people here are very friendly.

LOL! that system would run maybe like lol at least 2 cs:s at once. i would reccommend not getting an alienware. i used to be obsessed because of their propoganda but im over it! they overheat and they cost more than they are worth! if i were u i would build yes and get an intel core 2 duo in a system. btw how much did that system cost? i see it only has 1 gb ram.

LOL! that system would run maybe like lol at least 2 cs:s at once. i would reccommend not getting an alienware. i used to be obsessed because of their propoganda but im over it! they overheat and they cost more than they are worth! if i were u i would build yes and get an intel core 2 duo in a system. btw how much did that system cost? i see it only has 1 gb ram.

it costs €1,275.34 including VAT and delivery which is about 1,700 USD

u may think this is really expensive but believe me, here in the UK and Ireland that is a massive bargain. pc's here are way overpriced

its not hard to run multiply games because the gpu would have the same things in the ram ;)

to get my ram usage to 100% i had
cod2 MP
cod2 SP
ut2004
axis and allies
command & conquer
all open at once :D

Back
Top Bottom