Computeris beeping

rymort

In Runtime
My computer is doing some weird things.

The computer is beeping and the monitor is black, the computer stays running.

if i restart the computer it goes to the safe botting windows screen but then when i click normal the monitor goes black again.. the computer was working like 2 days ago just fine.. i use it every day.

Well certain beeps mean certain things. Check your computer/motherboard manual to see what the beeps mean. Some mean over heating some mean other things.

This could be as Pidge14 said, one of your componets are overheating. Just use some common sence.

Dose the computer alwasy turn off at a certain point during the start up?
If you start the computer up after it has cooled down, dose it still not do anything?

As he said, the computer will tell you what's wrong with it with its Beeping. If you have a blank monitor at the beginning of start up and the computer chirps a continuous pattern, it's giving you a code. Flip open your Motherboard book and look for what those chirps mean.

I bet the beeps are: one long, two short - video adapter failure, reseat or replace video adapter.

What m/board and bios do you have?

Have a look here if you do not have the beep codes or manual

Bios Central

The fact you can boot to safe mode (VGA mode) which doesn't use the display adapter would seem to be proof.

I bet the beeps are: one long, two short - video adapter failure, reseat or replace video adapter.

What m/board and bios do you have?

Have a look here if you do not have the beep codes or manual

Bios Central

The fact you can boot to safe mode (VGA mode) which doesn't use the display adapter would seem to be proof.

that would be a post error code, which means the computer wouldn't get to start loading the operating system. If you getting a beep after that check for overheating issues(i.e. make sure all fans are running and if thats not the case reapply the thermal paste).

Back
Top Bottom