USB Trouble

Bretweber

Baseband Member
Hey guys,

My PC recently went up the wall on me and stopped recognising the OS. So i re-installed it. Now my Sony Walkman MP3 player won't register when i put it in the USB port. All my other peripherals work in there but not this. If i leave it in for a long time, until the batteries full, it says Battery Full. But when i take it out and put it back in again theres nothing. It should be saying USB Connect but it's not. Any ideas? It's definately not the MP3 player as it works on my laptop. It's just all my music is on my PC and i don't have space on my laptop for the music and software. Anyone got any ideas?

Bret,
Thanks.

Before hand, was there any software installed for the MP3 player, there should of been some sort of disc, with drivers and software on, that came with the MP3 player. What is the make and the model of the MP3 player?

try plugging your usb device in and then

goto start menu.

right click my computer

click properties

click hardware

click device manager

and look for your usb device with a yello ! over it

right click it and click update driver

First thing im gonna sugest is have you updated windows and all your drivers etc?

also try a different usb port if you havent already. its a long shot but sometimes thats the reason. if not i would try the other suggestions as there your best bet.

I've done the the hardware stuff and the only thing that happens is the drivers could not be updated as windows cannot find the right files? Any ideas on how i can fix this?

Back
Top Bottom