Open Ended Game

freestyler105

Golden Master
I just went through GTA San Andreas for the second time, and I'm looking for a new game to play. I've been into the open ended games lately, mainly shooter/action/RPG. Something like GTA, Deus Ex, Oblivion...etc. Like games where there are main missions, but you can go fcuk around in the rest of the game world if you want to take a break from the missions.

Not really looking for RTS/Sim games here though. I mean I like those types of games, but they just get old to me.

So any good suggestions??

You really do have a lot of choices.

1) The biggest free roaming game out there is definitely WoW, however I do not like it and I don't think you will either. It is wayyy too finance heavy, and people become obsessed.
2) Another RPG game that is decent is NWN 1 & 2. Both are pretty open, seeing as there are missions, but there are plenty of side quests to distract you with. The playing time is also pretty impressive.
3) Half Life is not really open ended but fun to play nonetheless.
4) Diablo and Diablo II, however your finger starts to hurt after clicking so much.
5) Guild wars is basically a less expensive version of WoW.

That is all I can think of.

I'll see if I can think of some more.

Yeah, haha I promised myself I'd never get into WoW / Guild Wars, etc...

I'll have to check out NVN 2. I played the first one a bit, it was great.
Thanks, and check your rep meter;)

One Game that i found that was interesting to me is "independence wars 2" game is old, maybe like 4 years, but its fun,i am not really sure if thats is what u looking for...Basically what it is, u are a space pirat, with a small group of buddys. And u can do missions, or u can just fly around and kill diff ships, or try to jack some comercial space ships..etc I liked it lol

"mafia" is quite good. runs on the highest settings on my laptop and the graphics arnt too shabby. you can do the missions or just drive around/be a taxi driver

Yeah, Mafia was a good game, I beat it a while back.

@ zer0, that game is more like a simulator than what I'm looking for...

I'm also wondering the same as you. GTA is one of my favorite titles, and I'm not into RPG's.

Depends on the type of RPG. Deus Ex was probably the best game I've ever played, it's technically a shooter, but it's also part RPG.

A game ive been playing alot lately is Planetside. its pretty old but theres still a good amount of people playing it. Its a mmofps with some elements of an rpg... the more kills you get, the more exp you get which allows you to buy weapon and vehicle certifications. any level can kill any level, so its more about skill than who plays the most. there are huuuge battles between the three factions as you fight for different continents. I'm talking 100 vs 100 battles.. it gets pretty intense. and there are huge varieties of guns and vehicles.
heres a video of a massive galaxy gunship drop
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5k-7kYs6PX0&mode=related&search=

Back
Top Bottom