screen resolution

superhoops

Beta member
Please help me with this problem as it's driving me insane. I have just upgraded to vista home premium edition and upgraded my graphics card to a radeon sapphire x1650 pro. When i install the vista drivers for this card (32bit) i can only get the aero features to work at 1024x786 resolution. When i try and adjust resolution to my correct settings (1440x900), the screen goes blank and monitor displays message unsupported input. I can then only get back to normal via system restore. My monitor is a HPw19e widescreen that i have just purchased and am very pleased with. I have a medion pc intel pentium4 2.53 Ghz. 1.5mb Ram and pheonix technologies 6.00 PG motherboard.

try setting your refresh rate to 60hz, if it isnt already, and then doing the max res. on your lcd

Are you 100% sure that, that is a supported resolution for your monitor. Sorry for my ignorance. I'm still on my good ol' 17inch viewsonic LCD. Got it on sale!! ... 240$ 2 years ago :))

I have cracked it, it eas the ati control centre that was problem. Uninstalled everything ATI related then reinstalled just the display driver on it's own and everything was ok. Many thanks to u all.

Back
Top Bottom