my music collection is turning wierd

dude_se

Proper Legend
not so long ago i posted that 2 albums didnt work on wmp. i have a few folders of songs and now some of the songs from some of the folders have just stopped working. they dont even work in vlc anymore. they used to work fine and more songs seem to be doing this by the day. what could be wrong? :(
ill test them on my phone later

You scanned your computer lately? Where are you downloading them from?

yeah my computer is clean afaik. im getting them from a shop called limewire. i only choose the best ones though, although this has happened to songs from other places including people sending them over msn

omg some of my pictures wont open either although they are clearly there :O

hmm , is your hard drive ok , it aint failing is it , i would back everythink up asap . also have you tried the files on another computer

oh btw nice shop that limewire place , love the special offer , all songs free

I use the shop called limewire and all my songs are ok, if your pics wont open aswell now, would be a good idea to do what muz said :p Sounds like either a virus or your HDD is going mad lol.

lol avg is running now. i also have photoshop, dreamweaver and lots of crap open so im only gonna try a few of these files on my desktop for now. let me see...
edit: it wont let me move the files anywhere and i cant listen to them ovder the network on my desktop. it still says they are the right size. wtf :(

Yeah, it could be an invalid refference(s) in the registry, it may need a clean, try that before you reformat. If that don't work a reformat is due I would think, before you lose anything else.

The other week the start menu disappeared on the olds PC and I tried getting it back. I did AV, AS, Defragged, Reg and system clean/optimise, nothing would make it come back.

One night when I was setting up a printer on the PC (still without the start menu) a BSOD popped up... After stuffing around in the Recovery Console and 3 attempts at trying to get into safe mode it finally allowed me in. I thought I'd better back everything up and reformat. I did and everything is back to normal again now.

hmm i only formatted a few months back. ill try a registry cleaner i have although i did that not too long ago aswell

try reinstalling VLC. I had a similar problem, the videos wouldn't play it was just a bunch of flashing colors. I decided to reinstall and see if that would work and it did.

Back
Top Bottom