Building a new computer

blitztidus

Beta member
- Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 2.40GHz / 4MB Cache / 1066MHz FSB / Conroe / Dual-Core / OEM / Socket 775 / Processor

- Core 2 Ready EVGA nForce 680i SLI NVIDIA Socket 775 ATX Motherboard (New A1 Version) / Audio / PCI Express / SLI / Dual Gigabit LAN / S/PDIF / USB 2.0 & Firewire / Serial ATA / RAID

- OCZ Reaper Dual Channel 2048MB PC8500 DDR2 1066MHz Memory (2 x 1024MB)

- Western Digital WD1600YS 160GB SATA2 7200rpm 16MB RAID Hard Drive x2

- EVGA GeForce 8800 GTS / 640MB GDDR3 / SLI Ready / PCI Express / Dual DVI / HDTV / HDCP Enabled / Video Card

- OCZ / GameXStream / 700-Watt / ATX / 120mm Fan / SATA Ready / SLI Ready / EPS / Active PFC / Power Supply

- Apevia Black X-Cruiser Case ATX Mid-Tower Case with Clear Side, Front USB, Audio and Firewire Ports

- Windows Vista Home Premium 32-bit DSP OEM DVD

- LG SuperMulti GSA-H50N / 18x DVD±R Burn / 16x DVD±R Read / 8x DVD+RW / 6x DVD-RW / 10x DVD-R DL / 48x32x CD-R/RW / Black / DVD Rewriter

- Acer AL2216WBD / 22" / Ultra-fast 5ms / WSXGA+ 1680 x 1050 / DVI · VGA / Black / Widescreen LCD Monitor

Could you people tell me if there's anything wrong with this (incompabilities if there are any) and if there's things I should change. Comments are also appreciated. ty

Good choice of hardware...
I have the same PSU, it's awesome.

The only thing I would suggest changing is your case because Apevia cases are cheap plastic that break really easy.

Go with Coolermaster, Silverstone, or Lian Li!!!

Good choice of hardware...
I have the same PSU, it's awesome.

The only thing I would suggest changing is your case because Apevia cases are cheap plastic that break really easy.

Go with Coolermaster, Silverstone, or Lian Li!!!
It says that it's made out of steel so I'm not really sure what you're talking about.

the front is made of cheap plastic, the case itself might be from steel, but the drive doors are cheap, check out Winsis too, they have very very nice looking cases and decent prices, and have great reviews, i dont own one, but im gonna get a miniATX from them for my next build, it looks awesome... good luck, that'll be one kick ass system bro

It says that it's made out of steel so I'm not really sure what you're talking about.

the front door is cheap plastic.
I had an Apevia case...the doors falls off when you shut it (and I shut my door softly because it was a $100 case).
Basicly, the entire case is built decent except they skimp out on the front door

I don't really like the OCZ GameXStreams....I would rather have an Ultra X-pro or a Silverstone or a Corsair 620HX.

And the monitor...22" is never good. It uses a TN panel which uses dithering to achieve all the colors a S-IPS monitor does. Because of that, it is cheaper to produce and sell. If you're looking for a quality panel, go with a Dell 2007WFP as seen here: http://outlet.us.dell.com/ARBOnline...?c=us&cs=22&l=en&lob=MON&MODEL_DESC=ALL&s=dfh
at the bottom of the page, you will find the 2007WFP for 270. Thats is an extremely good price for one, as I bought my 2005FPW for a lot more than that...think 100s more.

And same with other comments at the top...the case needs to go.

With me, i never liked eVGA motherboards. But if it works for you, then by all means go for it.

I don't really like the OCZ GameXStreams....I would rather have an Ultra X-pro or a Silverstone or a Corsair 620HX.

And the monitor...22" is never good. It uses a TN panel which uses dithering to achieve all the colors a S-IPS monitor does. Because of that, it is cheaper to produce and sell. If you're looking for a quality panel, go with a Dell 2007WFP as seen here: http://outlet.us.dell.com/ARBOnline...?c=us&cs=22&l=en&lob=MON&MODEL_DESC=ALL&s=dfh
at the bottom of the page, you will find the 2007WFP for 270. Thats is an extremely good price for one, as I bought my 2005FPW for a lot more than that...think 100s more.

And same with other comments at the top...the case needs to go.

With me, i never liked eVGA motherboards. But if it works for you, then by all means go for it.

I appreciate the comments but it would help me more if you said why you don't like ocz GamexStreams and why you don't like eVGA motherboards. Just telling me "I don't like it" confuses me a lot more and makes me kind of think that it's a bad buy.

Back
Top Bottom