Best 5.1 system under $50

The quality wont suck. It doesnt have high wattage, and no THX, but its still decent I bet. We shall see once I gt them.

I got my logitech X-540 speakers at samsclub for 59.99, it's not under 50 bucks but they're darn good for the price. They were originally 99.99 but they were marked down, you could try looking for some if you can find them.

The quality wont suck. It doesnt have high wattage, and no THX, but its still decent I bet. We shall see once I gt them.
Chris knows what he's talking about man. He probably knows the most out of anyone on this forum about audio considering he works as a DJ with some very nice equipment.

Yes an old friend of mine, karan, was a DJ too. But there also is the fact that he works with very high quality material too, and would noctice the crappy stuff. But it will be better than my old speakers for sure. The z-640s are the ones I am going to get I think, but really they are $100 speakers, but have been out for a lil whie, and have gotten a lil cheaper, plus I am getting them off ebay. They should be ok, and I will have them at low level too, not blasting my music, I like it just for background while surfing the net.

Um, just so you know most music is only in 2 channels. So surround speakers are pretty useless just for listening to music...they're really only useful for gaming and such. If you're just going to listen to music, you'd be better off getting a higher quality 2.1 set.

I know, but I changed some settings for music, and 5.1 m3s are coming soon I think, and I like to watch movies on my computer, and play some games.

I know, but I changed some settings for music, and 5.1 m3s are coming soon I think, and I like to watch movies on my computer, and play some games.
I seriously doubt the majority of music will switch to 5.1 surround sound anytime soon.

For movies and games though, it's great, and I'd highly recommend a surround sound setup.

Um, just so you know most music is only in 2 channels. So surround speakers are pretty useless just for listening to music...they're really only useful for gaming and such. If you're just going to listen to music, you'd be better off getting a higher quality 2.1 set.

Yes everything in the music world is stereo, and in fact sounds worse on surround than stereo.

All of my my speaker setups are stero, and for both my PC and DJ gear I use professional studio monitors.

Yorkville YSM-1p's on the DJ gear and Studio Phile DX-4's on the pc :)

I got a $50 Durabrand 5.1 100 watt system awhile back. Works good for me when watching DVDs. Added 2 sets of stereo speakers to the center channel because 1 center is too weak. Doesn't sound all that great when playing music from my computer unless the speaker volume is equalized right. Sounds good with my radio since all the speakers are playing the same thing (though it wouldn't be surround then...)

Yeah, I think I am gong to get the Z-640s, unless someone ahs a set of Z-680s or Z5300e they want to sell? lol, the 640s should do good, they are dolby digital at least.

Back
Top Bottom