u should be fine
can i recomend the evga one
runs cool enough ull be just fine
its not like your case is plastic

u should be fine
can i recomend the evga one
runs cool enough ull be just fine
its not like your case is plastic

it was the card i was worried about melting not the case cause i dont want to invest money into a card thats gonna melt.also i heard that it can only run oblivion on medium settings.true or false?

Unless you overclock it's going to be fine...and even then cards don't just "melt." It'll just cause system instability / it won't boot up until you turn the speed down.

Wait...did you just say the 8800GTX can only run Oblivion on medium settings?? Ha, the 8800GTX will blow Oblivion away!!

Unless you overclock it's going to be fine...and even then cards don't just "melt." It'll just cause system instability / it won't boot up until you turn the speed down.

Wait...did you just say the 8800GTX can only run Oblivion on medium settings?? Ha, the 8800GTX will blow Oblivion away!!

i read it in a review on newegg.also im gonna get a 550w ps so no prob with crashing

Wow, reliable source...never trust newegg reviews dude, anyone can type that crap up..

Anyway, unless you're playing at insane resolutions (like over 1680x1050) with the settings maxed out, it'll run smooth.

Which power supply are you looking at?? It's important to get a good quality one so it gives enough juice to the graphics card basically.

Wow, reliable source...never trust newegg reviews dude, anyone can type that crap up..

Anyway, unless you're playing at insane resolutions (like over 1680x1050) with the settings maxed out, it'll run smooth.

Which power supply are you looking at?? It's important to get a good quality one so it gives enough juice to the graphics card basically.

of course:) its an SLI approved card so i dont have any worries

anyway hers the 8800GTX i was looking at its 549.99 and one with a 2000mhz memory clock is 599.99:

Model
Brand EVGA
Model 768-P2-N831-AR
Interface
Interface PCI Express x16
Chipset
Chipset Manufacturer NVIDIA
GPU GeForce 8800GTX
Core clock 575MHz
Stream Processors 128
Memory
Memory Clock 1800MHz(effective)
Memory Size 768MB
Memory Interface 384-bit
Memory Type GDDR3
3D API
DirectX DirectX 10
OpenGL OpenGL 2.0
Ports
DVI 2
TV-Out HDTV / S-Video Out
VIVO No
General
Tuner None
RAMDAC 400 MHz
Max Resolution 2560 x 1600
SLI Supported Yes
Cooler With Fan
Operating Systems Supported Windows XP/MCE
System Requirements Minimum of a 450 Watt power supply.
(Minimum recommended power supply with +12 Volt current rating of 28 Amps.)
Dual-Link DVI Supported Yes
Features
HDCP Ready Yes
Features Full Microsoft DirectX 10 Shader Model 4.0 support
NVIDIA Quantum Effects physics processing technology
NVIDIA PureVideo technology
NVIDIA nView multi-display technology

Yeah, the EVGA card is a great value really.

For optimal performance, just make sure the PSU has at least 30 amps on the 12 volt rails total. If I were you, I'd get a Silverstone PSU. That's definitely going to be one of my next purchases - they're awesome.

Back
Top Bottom