Power supply question

Also im thinking of changing that processor to the one clocked at 2.33, do u think it would be worth it for the price (120 dollar increase). i mean i dont mind paying it, and it would probably last longer and pick up for the power lost in the onboard gfxs. Also i forgot to mention im gonna get 2x1gb so ddr2 ram

120 watts?
lol no way in hell
intel cpu will use that much
u need at lest a 250 and thats with out a graphics card
450-500 for a gpu

Well it has a built in gma 950 or whatever their called, i assume it accounts for the processor when they integrate a power supply, it could be more wattage than that, probably as much as an average laptop, infact i think it is as much as an average laptop. Im sure that it can handle the cpu and gfx and ram, i guess i didnt reallly that of it like this before, it basically is the same wattage as a laptop, and a laptop can handle it. How much power do 3.5 inch hardrives use? can a laptop handle one of them? i assume so.

@ esa - it's a mobile processor, optimized for low power consumption.

The volts and the wattage rating are completely different. If you're not putting a separate GPU in though i think it should be okay.

19v? no way is that going to work. Computer parts are made to deal with 12V power supplies. You will need a new power supply.

19v? no way is that going to work. Computer parts are made to deal with 12V power supplies. You will need a new power supply.
yes but thhese are laptop parts realy and are optimised for low power higher voltage situations , the processor is a laptop processor and thhe mobo is a mini itx mobo so 19v might be about right , my laptop takes 19V and it is ok

also 120w should be more than fine for most laptops , i have used a 60w on imy laptop intel pentium M 1.6ghz with integrated graphics and it worked fine

edit>you may have a problem with a desktop hard drive and 19v

higher voltage just means lower amperage to get the same wattage. It doesn't matter is the parts are made to be low power consumption. If its designed for 12V, it will only use 12V no more.

"19VDC @ 4.7A" is what it says under power. So can i use a desktop hardrive? or do i get to get a notebook hardrive?

Back
Top Bottom