harddrive going nuts!

bullzi

Fully Optimized
hey guys, on the custom, i dont have a new agp yet, but i have an odd problem, my harddrive is going absolutely nuts like im running defrag and a virus scan at the same time, which im not, then i do something on screen and it stops, and the instant i stop doing stuff on screen it goes back to nuts, like if i open up task manager and let it sit, it goes nuts, if i start to move it around the screen it stops, whats going on???

hmm sounds weird. You might want to run one of those programs that check if the hdd is ok. You should find the program from the manufacturers website.

You better backup your files. Maybe its manufacture defect, do you still have warranty? and your trying to sell that computer? i feel bad for the person who buys it.

hmm , you arent having too bad luck are you , is there any chance you are connected to a netowrk and someone is pulling large ammounts of files from the hd or have you left torrent software running by mistake

You better backup your files. Maybe its manufacture defect, do you still have warranty? and your trying to sell that computer? i feel bad for the person who buys it.

?? im not selling the harddrive, and if i was i would clearly state that there is something fishy with it, i dont rip people off

its a hitachi deskstar came in my dell 8300 a couple years ago, all i did was reboot and it fixed it?? i think i need a new one anyway, it whines every once in a while, its been through a lot... :p, this is my excuse to get a SATA :D

Have you checked what applications you have running in your task bar,like the ones on boot up. Muz379 has the right idea i think, have you got some application that needs a internet connection to connect to a server and is drawing resources of your pc, if you are on wireless have you got your network encrypted? otherwise your pc will be wide open to poaches/hackers.

If you want to check your hdd go to MY COMPUTER, right click C/DRIVE, PROPPITIES, TOOLS, now select error checking SELECT NOW and restart your computer, it will now scan your hdd for errors and fix them if possible.

thanks guys, i downloaded the hitachi program and it checked out ok, so hopefully it is... doesnt seem to be doing it anymore after the reboot

Back
Top Bottom