Best 5.1 system under $50

superman22x

Golden Master
Im looking for the best 5.1 surround sound system under $50, dolby digital 5.1 if possible, THX certified would be good too, I shop ebay amazon, newegg, anywhere reliable, so if its under $50 on ebay, that counts too, even if its more somwhere else, so what is the best one I can get under $50, I know much about speakers, but the logitech Z-640 looked ok, what should I get, I get? I dont even know good brands other than logitech, thanks.

I have the Logitech Z-640 5.1 Speaker System. Sound quality is damn good for $50. What type of sound card are you going to be using?

I have onboard 7.1 HD sound. I just got a new motherboard recently, so the onboard sound shouldn be too bad right?.

I have onboard 7.1 HD sound. I just got a new motherboard recently, so the onboard sound shouldn be too bad right?.

With 50$ speakers you wouldn't notice the difference between our sound card and something designed for a recording studio.

50$ surround speakers are a joke.

The Brave Little Speakers that Couldn't.

Reviewed By: Dos4gw on 5/29/2007
Rating + 2Rating + 2Rating + 2Rating + 2Rating + 2
Tech Level: somewhat high - Ownership: less than 1 day

Pros: Speakers are lightweight, which makes their inevitable removal and repackaging especially easy. They are also very nice and shiny.
Cons: Sounds horrible. Horrible, horrible, horrible. Most games sound muffled, and you can barely hear any distant sounds. Music and video audio is quite unremarkable.
Other Thoughts: I strongly recommend this speaker system for persons who are deaf, or do not enjoy crisp, clean, pleasing sound. Logitech is usually a name you can trust; I sincerely hope someone was fired for giving this set the go-ahead. Buy a similarly priced Creative 5.1. Do NOT buy these speakers.

1 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you?

lol :p

Sounds about right for 50$ speakers. Just try to think how you could make 5 good satalittes and 1 good sub for 50$. You can't

Well, one seller is selling the satellites for the Z-5300e set for $20 on ebay, but there is no woofer, so where can I get a woofer if I buy that?

Well, basically I have it narrowed down to 2 different sets, either the z-640 or the x-540. Which would be better? They both look decent, unless I can get the z-5300 or z-680 for less than $100 shipped.

It doesn't matter, like Chris said, the quality is going to suck either way. For under $50, you can't get 5 good speakers and a nice sub.

I'd go for the Z-640s if I had to choose though.

Back
Top Bottom