ASUS F9J Notebook

Impruv

In Runtime
EDIT: Added specs manually. Link was not working?

Asus F9J-A1

C2D T5500, 1GB, 120GB, 8XDVDRW, 12.1"WXGA, NVIDIA7300, VHP

CPU : Intel Core 2 Duo T5500 1.6GHz 677MHz 2MB L2 Cache
LCD Size & Resolution : 12.1" WXGA (1280 x 768)
MB Chipset : Intel 945 PM
Optical Drive : 8x Super-Multi DVDRW Dual layer
Memory94/IrDA/S-Video : 1GB DDR2 677MHz (1GBx1) 2skt. upto 2048MB
VGA Card : NVIDIA GeForce Go 7300 External 128MB VRAM
Hard Drivedem : 120GB 5400RPM SATA
WLANery/Run Time : 802.11 A/B/G
LAN/Fax Modem : 10/100, Fax Modem
Battery/Run Time : Li-ion 6-cell/4 hrs
USB/1394/IrDA/S-Video : 3/0/0/1/0
Bluetooth : BlueTooth
Card Reader/PCMCIA : 8-in-1/ Express Card
Color/Weight/Height : 4.2lbs/12.1" x 8.7" x 1.1"-1.3"
Warranty : 2 Yr Global with 30days ZBD
Operating System : Windows Vista Home Premium
Carry bag& mouce : Yes
Camera : 1.3M

I was wondering if this was a good notebook at about 1398 canadian. There haven't been many reviews on it since is a bit new. Also, is now a good time to buy a notebook? or would ibe better to wait till august or july? And if I do get it now, would it's specs last me a good 2 years?

Thanx in advance.

Erm, we can't view it. I'll link the ASUS one.

Personally, I think it's worth it. An intergrated camera, a touchpad that can be a calculator and some good specs in it. Worth it.

I would go with another gig of ram.

i agree, its not going to be too much more, but for gaming on vista you'll need 2gigs, i have it on my e510, and just on the desktop i use 50% of 1gig and none is shared with video, which none will be on yours, but if you want good game performance, 2gigs is the way to go :)

well will it be hard to add a gig later on if i need it? i won't be gaming hardcore on this. I was planning to add a gig of ram maybe 1 year in. But apart from the 1gb ram, its good right?

u can get better. the graphics card and processor is not good enuff for 1398 canadian. u can get an asus a8. btr cpu and btr graphics too.

but the screen is 14 inch. do u need a lot of portability?

forget it. go for it. i cant find it on tigerdirect. but there is on newegg. perhaps a relative can help u pick it up?

yea but thats the thing; im looking for either 12" or 13.3" ; and i can't find anything at this price with its specs. If you find an alternative...great! let me know.

cuz right now i'm using a 14" and its a bit big too m e still.

thanx everyone for all ur replies

Well, I'm now a proud owner of this notebook. Surprisingly, they added a free gig of ram and the price was 1350 canadian.

That means its 2gb ram plus the specs listed above, all for the price of 1350 + tax. Yayyy!

Back
Top Bottom