PDA Vs MP3 player?

:eek: when did that happen
anyway it depends if youd use a pda. i mean you could pimp it up with some games, use wifi, as well as having all your music and stuff on it. if you just want bog standard music and video then get an ipod. lots more space and simple

He came on before, posted some wierd images, then got banned :)

I disagree with this, I think there are some phones which do the all in one job really well...

The K800i works fine as an mp3 player, it has a little trouble with organising playlists, but other then that the radio and player is fine.

The camera is a 3.2 megapixel camera, which takes good quality pictures and lots of extras to tweak the photo with a good flash, what does this mean, it means that I don't need to have to worry about a load of power leads if I am going away on holiday, or on a buisness trip.

It means that I have everything I want at hand with no problems at all, with the K800i I don't believe that I have sacrificed quality at all.

I agree, I have a 2gig card for my phone and hell it means that I can have all the music I need, and plenty of storage for photos too.
yea the k800i is a good phone. come to think of it you could get a nokia n95. its got wifi, mp3 player and all that stuff and best of all its a phone, oh did i mention its got a 5mp camera. not sure what the video playbacks like but the screen looks nice enough.
@jox, lol that sucks, when will he learn

i am usually in favour of getting a devicce designed for the task to do the task cos sometimes the item dont perform as well as something designed for the task, for instance getting an i pod to play music/videoes cos why pay the extra for a pda if you only intend to use the the mp3 player function but some of the sony erricson phones including the w800i are very good as oter things as well so if the pda is as an mp3 player as well as a mp3 player get that as you may use the added pda features as well

another thing to consider is how much music do you have , i have about 4gigs of music and growing and so if you have so much music think about the devices storage

he said he wants to run emulators and stuff on the other page. my w800 runs java and if i wanted i could get a gameboy emulator and some other games :p
its therefore good enough for me no matter what anyone says

he said he wants to run emulators and stuff on the other page. my w800 runs java and if i wanted i could get a gameboy emulator and some other games :p
its therefore good enough for me no matter what anyone says
use emulators , evenyeah , you can also hack an i pod put i pod linux on it and even play doom on it

i still stick by my vote of pda out of the 2. hopefully his music collection is 2gb or under. i can fit all my favorite songs on a 1gb and still have room left for pics and vids and stuff

I disagree with this, I think there are some phones which do the all in one job really well...

The K800i works fine as an mp3 player, it has a little trouble with organising playlists, but other then that the radio and player is fine.

The camera is a 3.2 megapixel camera, which takes good quality pictures and lots of extras to tweak the photo with a good flash, what does this mean, it means that I don't need to have to worry about a load of power leads if I am going away on holiday, or on a buisness trip.

It means that I have everything I want at hand with no problems at all, with the K800i I don't believe that I have sacrificed quality at all.

Each to their own. Personally I think it's just better to get things dedicated for the task and have a better overall experience rather than have a little bit of everything at the cost of functionality. Of course, that depends on your needs.

I used to have a Sony Ericsson as my primary phone. While it wasn't a smartphone, it had a built in music player. Not sure if it has any noticeable differences between a MP3 player, but it produced relatively clear sound. I never noticed any distortion while listening to my tracks.

Now that I have a Blackjack smartphone (barebone pocket pc) running Windows Mobile 5, it can sync to the PC and transfer video, music, and documents. Real useful in handy situations. But like others mentioned, the OS can be buggy at times if you don't know how to use it.

@dudse

My Music collection is a bit over 2gb,Ill just by either a 4gb memory card or 2x 2gb memory cards,or might just have to put just my favourites on there and thats it (Doesnt bother me).

@muz379

Im not paying any extra infact,i have been offered an O2 XDA IIs for $280 (Thats in AU$),Thats cheaper than an ipod video! Also as dude se said i want to use emulators also the Wi-Fi will come in handy,and my phone is half dead lol.I Was going to get a plam TX But i have read on most review sites (In the comments section) That they freeze all the time,So im pretty sure i'll get the 02 XDA IIs.

Wi-Fi will suck the battery out of your phone faster then you can dial a 1-800 number.

Back
Top Bottom