New Buil Second Life Probs

ssc456

Fully Optimized
right i built a new computer for a friend heres the specs

Motherboard : Asus P5VD2-X Socket 775 Core 2 Duo VIA PT890 VT8237A DDR2 onboard Audio ATX

Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo E6320 (1.86Ghz) Socket 775 FSB1066 4MB Cache Retail Boxed Processor

RAM: Kingston 2GB KIT (2X1GB) DDR2 667MHz/PC2-5300 CL5 Non Ecc 1.8V

Graphics: MSI NX7300LE-TD256E 256MB DDR2 DVI TV Out PCI-E Graphics Card

and hes trying to run multiple second lifes on it so he tried loading them up and it stops on 6 second lifes and i no u can get more on coz once it froze at number 6 i deciding to test the computer i loaded up 50 internet exploreres and every single 1 opened instantly so the computer is nowhere near maxxed out ???

i know u can open more coz i have open 15 on my pc so y cant he open n e more ?

i have noticed his processor was running at 60'C but his fan wont go above 1300 RPM where as mine runs at

57'C with the fan at 4000 RPM so it seems the processor cant work n e harder coz the fan wont spin faster ??

i have no idea im thinkin it might be graphics although i only have a 7100GS but im gonna swap it for my card and c how we go

n e ideas in why it wont load n e more second life's

yeah but i have built my 1st pc which was a

pentium D 915
2GB RAM
nvidia 7100 GS
Asus mobo

and i can run 15 second life's on that surely something is not right ?

i have tried my RAM and my Graphics card in his mobo and still he gets no more that 9 on so its either my processor is better than his (dnt think so) or my motherboard is better than his but i didnt think the motherboard would effect performance that much ?

the processor is really not maxxed out with 9 second life's on i opened 48 internet explore pages and 4 my documents ??? there is clearly enough resources

You still havent answered my question about why you need to run so many. Pretty pointless IMO lol.:) Use performance monitor to see where the bottleneck is.

Back
Top Bottom