Help help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

satyricon

BSOD
I built a new computer.I used Window XP Media Center Edition.I went to Display Properties,Advanced,Adapter,Properties and Device usage.I chose do not use this device(disable), and restart the computer. Now my computer screen is not working::eek: .I tried f8 but there is no save mode:mad: I put the Windows Media Center CD But doesn't run:mad: .What can I do?Can anyone hepls me?:confused:

You disabled your display device?? Do you have onboard video or are you running off of a PCI/AGP/PCI Express video card?

I built a new computer.I used Window XP Media Center Edition.I went to Display Properties,Advanced,Adapter,Properties and Device usage.I chose do not use this device(disable), and restart the computer. Now my computer screen is not working::eek: .I tried f8 but there is no save mode:mad: I put the Windows Media Center CD But doesn't run:mad: .What can I do?Can anyone hepls me?:confused:
No post?
Reset CMOS. Incase you dont know, open the computer and take out the battery, unplug the PSU, switch the blue jumper, plug in, boot, unplug, switch jumper to original position, put in battery. That should set display to default.
If the above doesnt work, and you want to re-install windows (since theres not really any more options) are you putting in the disc then restarting comp? Or are you just popping it in and waiting?
If it still doesnt work, format the drive using another computer. Its pretty much self explanitory. Take apart the whole comp, put it together with the formatted HD and boot from the XP disc.

I wouldn't say there are no options yet. Once he responds we will know what the options are.

Use advanced startup menu (where safemode is listed) then select VGA mode. Once booted, goto device manager and enable the stuff you disabled.

@juiceranch, whats resetting the CMOS gotta do with this fault lol.:)

I did all you wrote and the damn PC is still fuked.I did step 1 still the Window screen doesn't appear.I did Step 2 by the 2 ways you wrote and the cd just start and then it stops.And step 3 all the stuff is came back with same problem when you put it together lol. Any other idea?
Isn't good idea if I send back the HDD for repair?

I did all you wrote and the damn PC is still fuked.I did step 1 still the Window screen doesn't appear.I did Step 2 by the 2 ways you wrote and the cd just start and then it stops.And step 3 all the stuff is came back with same problem when you put it together lol. Any other idea?
Isn't good idea if I send back the HDD for repair?
Whos that reply to? Did you do what i said?

I can't use the start up menu because I can't use the OP.Can I use another pc and put this hdd secondary so i can use the OP of the first and delate the formating of the second and start again?

Do you have a second video card you can plug into your comptuer? That one wouldn't be disabled so you should be able to recover/undo the disabling of your primary display adapter.

Well the computer finally run the Wxp MCE .I put repaird the partition.Now the MF computer freze in a screen says the set up is being started lol.After hours the screen stay the same.Can turn off the pc or anything.The CD doesn't want to run again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom