PDA Vs MP3 player?

If you're going to get something, you might as well get something thats dedicated for that task and does the job well. Phones with MP3 players just don't do that. That's why I never liked those all-in-one phones like the iPhone. I just call them Phones With Too Much Shit That You Don't Need or PWTMSTYDN for short.

i SO agree with the whole PWTMSTYDN idea. if i want to listen to MP3's i buy an mp3 player not a phone. although the picture phones are kinda of handy if you have a razer with a usb link cause the quality is pretty good when unexpected things happen :)

get an ipod video or do they cost too much more im not sure on the conversion of AU money to American dollars

If you're going to get something, you might as well get something thats dedicated for that task and does the job well. Phones with MP3 players just don't do that. That's why I never liked those all-in-one phones like the iPhone. I just call them Phones With Too Much Shit That You Don't Need or PWTMSTYDN for short.
True. Actually, I never thought of that. Dedicated MP3s are sure good, but if you need to use the PDA stuff more, you could have a PDA. It won't kill you if you have not so dedicated stuff like an MP3.

It's like the Ipod with Solitaire.

Well i wanted a PDA So i could use some emulators on it (Gameboay,Atari,Sega Megadrive) also for Wi-Fi and,How good is the sound quality,compared with a dedicated,also how are they for watching movies?

That's true. That's why I never liked all in one printers, smartphones or MP3 phones. Just more to go wrong, and more to pay for when things do go wrong. I'd rather have each of my computer peripherals separate, my own phone, PDA, and MP3 player. Might sound old fashioned, but it's just the way I operate.

Heh, I know lol! Actually, I saw some 500-600ish MHZ PDAs. You might go with those, but forget movies. Their maximum storage can vary from 64-256MB natively.

I hate all new cell phones. I would only use the big ones back in 1995.
For All-In-one printers, they can actually be a good thing. I normally don't get the PDAs, and MP3s. My PC just does take care of it all, except mobility. I have to rely on a semi-living Pentium 133 system.

Yeah,Thats the reasong why i would like a Palm TX,They can handle SD Cards of up to 2gb.As you said they dont make cell phones like they used too lol,and the older ones are simpler to use!

That's true. That's why I never liked all in one printers, smartphones or MP3 phones. Just more to go wrong, and more to pay for when things do go wrong. I'd rather have each of my computer peripherals separate, my own phone, PDA, and MP3 player. Might sound old fashioned, but it's just the way I operate.

All-in-one printers aren't so bad. Usually the scanning, printing and copying features are all good, especially if it's one of the newer ones.

Well, get a PDA then. For movies? Well, I don't know. Personally, it looks like you're in for a laptop-like thing. I'll get you something.

Here, this one is good.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834131002
Or this one
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834131003

Those aren't PDAs. They're called UMPCs or Ultra-Mobile PCs. Ever heard of Microsoft's Origami Project? That's what became of it. The first-gen UMPCs aren't that great, as they still had some flaws and glitches, but they've definately improved from before.

I disagree with this, I think there are some phones which do the all in one job really well...

The K800i works fine as an mp3 player, it has a little trouble with organising playlists, but other then that the radio and player is fine.

The camera is a 3.2 megapixel camera, which takes good quality pictures and lots of extras to tweak the photo with a good flash, what does this mean, it means that I don't need to have to worry about a load of power leads if I am going away on holiday, or on a buisness trip.

It means that I have everything I want at hand with no problems at all, with the K800i I don't believe that I have sacrificed quality at all.

phones are ok. my w800 is great. a 1gb card and its radio suits me better than a lot of mp3 players would.

I agree, I have a 2gig card for my phone and hell it means that I can have all the music I need, and plenty of storage for photos too.

Back
Top Bottom