Whao... Full ram? Never saw this.

PuNkY

In Runtime
Never, have I EVER saw ram get to 80 or even 90% full! Take a look at this:
4xm5ule.jpg

This is a CLEAN INSTALL of Vista. As you can tell theres not much running, just Pidgin, uTorrent, and WMP11(not playing anything). I might be over reacting, but that seems weird. Anyone else seen this in Vista?

BTW I have 2GB of RAM, if you don't notice it in the task manager.

i have 1gb and when i had the full vista i often had about 10mb or less or ram with some stuff open. vista lite is better. i usually have 40mb free with a lot of stuff open. thats vista for ya

That's strange. I have 1.5GB of RAM and I have about 50% free when I've got thunderbird, firefox and itunes running. I'm also using the windows classic theme so maybe that has something to do with it.

if you have 2gb of ram so vista uses it ALL. its not how many programs you HAVE open it how many youve HAD open. for example a game tells the OS to put stuff inside the RAM but never tells it to take it out. vista will keep it in there until it needs more space. why buy 2gigs of ram when you only use it while gaming? the thing to look for is slow downs not how much ram vista is using

EDIT:also you got 50 processes going and 30% cpu usage your obviously running something that takes up a lot of something

only time I have seen full ram on my pc(1gb) is when i was running photshop, afterFX, and premier
all video\picture editing software from adobe

i have 1gb, 60% free. running ultimate. ie7, aim, limewire, and wmp is running now. wdhell is wrong wit you peoples comps??

if you have 2gb of ram so vista uses it ALL. its not how many programs you HAVE open it how many youve HAD open. for example a game tells the OS to put stuff inside the RAM but never tells it to take it out. vista will keep it in there until it needs more space. why buy 2gigs of ram when you only use it while gaming? the thing to look for is slow downs not how much ram vista is using

EDIT:also you got 50 processes going and 30% cpu usage your obviously running something that takes up a lot of something

only time I have seen full ram on my pc(1gb) is when i was running photshop, afterFX, and premier
all video\picture editing software from adobe
A game will remove data from the RAM when its finished. If it doesnt, then its a bug in the program called a memory leak.

Back
Top Bottom