Bit Torrent

glixon765

Baseband Member
I have two questions about this site. Is? it iiegal to download files? And, what are the chances of downloading a virus through a file? Thanks

Which site?? There are hundreds of BitTorrent sites.

It's only illegal to download the files if they're copyrighted. This means most movies, music, software, etc.

It's very possible to get a virus using BitTorrent, but I'd say much less likely than by using P2P software such are Kazaa, Limewire, or Ares.

The software isnt, but downloading copywrited material is (which most of it is).

After 3 years of using torrents, I have only came across a few trojans which are easy to get rid of if you know what you are doing.

ya most are virus free but bit torrent is legal just like limewire. what most people use it for isnt. this is one thing that most people dont get. i have used limewire for the "legal" things all the time. my brothers friend couldnt find some xbox halo 2 mods that we had. i put them under our shared folder in limewire he downloaded them from us. i have also done this with a million other things that i download legaly and the only things my friends know how to do is use lime wire and WMP lol. im just lazy so i share my version and they download that.

If you have a good antivirus program, you'll be fine. I've only caught one trojan but that was from limewire. I've used utorrent for over a year and never caught a trojan or any other malware from it.

i use to torrent a lot but since my isp caught me and gave me a warning i only download from a private forum or some german site :D

Back
Top Bottom