phishing filter

terryf

Beta member
Hi All
I am new to this forum.
For some reason, I know not what, the phishing filter on my PC has decided to check all web sites for certificates.
As you can imagine every web sight I use has a problem, including my bank.
I found the instructions to turn it off, but it still works even when switched off.
I have downloaded the latest IE7 version and it still works, it asks if I want it turned on, I say NO and it still works.
Please tell me how I can get rid of it.
I even tried Firefox but that did the same, just with different wording.

HELP!!!!!

TerryF

Tools > internet options > advanced tab > scroll to bottom of list and you will se the option to disable it there.

Hows it better? They both have their advantages and disadvantages, and dont say its more secure because there are tons of websites that will disagree, basically there is no conclusive proof one way or the other.:)

I disabled Phishing filter to take a shit load of time to load website with that thing.

Firefox is more safe/secure for people who aren't 100% computer literate because it doesn't support ActiveX, which makes it a lot safer.

Firefox on Linux, that's a completely different story...

;)

-sam

Firefox is more safe/secure for people who aren't 100% computer literate because it doesn't support ActiveX, which makes it a lot safer.

Firefox on Linux, that's a completely different story...

;)

-sam
Yeah, but there are plugins for this, and alot of sites need active x. So back to the same story again arent we? Both have good and bad points.

Back
Top Bottom