Installation Issues

skinhead81

Solid State Member
Hi All
Just installed my new motherboard and cpu (Asus M2V with AMD x2 6000+). For some reason I can't get it to boot up. Keeps saying there is "No Disk Present" and when it attempts to boot-up Windows after it just restarts. Attempted to reinstall Windows on a new hard drive and it won't even let me do this. Anyone got any ideas what the problem may be?
Thanks in advance.

if the hard drive had windows on it and you've simply tranferred the HDD from one motherboard/cpu to another windows most likely will not work as a rule mainly cuz of the very large driver differences between each motherboard.

as for not being able to reinstall windows im not sure why thats happening, you should be able to just like any other machine. try resetting the BIOS, just set the date/time and boot settings to rule out bad settings

thanks. when using the new hard drive i attempted to install vista 64 which was going well then crashed. whenever i attempt boot with this drive it comes up with the famous "BOOTMGR" error. i believe attempting a reinstall of vista should resolve this but i'm still none-the-wiser ....

thanks all - appears the errors are because my psu has only 20 pins and it requires 24 to fully boot windows via my motherboard. guess i'm out buying the coolermaster real power 450 tonight then!

hmm, thats weird cuz i havent had that issue before, especially it the videocard has a power supply because im told thats basically what the extra 4 pins on motherboard 24 pin connector were supposed to help with

Back
Top Bottom