Need some help with AJAX

priteshvarsani

Baseband Member
Okay peepz,

One of my colleageues at work has asked me about changing our website as it is really rubbish now,our company website is running ruby on rails at the moment,we need to change mainly because of the fact the two of us know NOTHING about ruby, and the two of us want to make the website a lot nicer looking.

The two of us know C#, JavaScript and C++ (XML IS NOT A LANGUAGE) and we dont mind learning AJAX, but we dont know whether it is good enough yet...

We only need basic database support for changing the content, as our ASP.NET based portal is already on the net, it is just we want a public website for customers to use.

I have done a bit of work on AJAX and it looks quite good for making fresh websites, i just want to know what you guys think of it, otherwise ill just make the site in ASP.NET.

Well AJAX is designed for situations where you have alot of user interactivity and where things need to be updated in the background rather than reloading/moving to a new page. If you don't need that level then ASP will do you fine

Back
Top Bottom