How to remove IE from my computer ???

Zer0Cool

Fully Optimized
I currently have the latest version of Internet Explorer, (I think 7.0) and I am interested in removing it and replacing it with a more safer broser like FireFox. How can I completely remove the IE?

What browser do u think u should use?
Is IE really less secure then other browsers?
Do u think this this is a good idea?

All feedback is much appreciated.

Thanks.

I personally havent had any problems with IE7, if you want FF on then just install it, you can still have IE on the computer, and its hard to remove properly anyway.

Well if u guys say that IE7 is ok and that FF wount make my comp more secure, then i guess there is no point in getting a new one..?

IE7 is a lot more secure than the IE's of old. I would put it up close to that of Fire fox in terms of security.

Like they said above, you don't need to uninstall IE to make FF work. However, if you do want it uninstalled you can do it quite easily.

First in the add/remove programs find IE7 and uninstall it. After a restart (if it requires one, pop in the CD that came with your comptuer. Go back into the add/remove programs list, but now click the "add/remove windows components" Icon on the left side. Scroll untill you see Internet Exporer, uncheck it, and click next.

yh id say IE is fine bin using it for probably 8 years now and no probs

'if its not broke, dont fix it'

ty all, that all i needed. I will stick with my IE7 for now :D

PS: its so nice to get quick replyes lol

IE and firefox are both good. I recommend firefox if you want themes and stuff, otherwise I'd say stick with IE7. I haven't had any issues with IE7 and I've been using it since the beta version.

Back
Top Bottom