The NTDLR is missing

elpea117

Baseband Member
When i start my computer something that says the NTDLR is missing press Crtl alt delete to restart. I had this before but i forgot how i fixed it lol

Pretty much the only way to fix it would be to re-install windows. A repair install might work, but I can't guarantee that.

As an FYI, I've only seen two things do this. 1) virus. and 2) a failing hard drive. You said this has happened before, how long ago?

recovery console never worked when i had this. try a re install. no need to format. just let it re write the system files. did it start this randomly?

Pretty much the only way to fix it would be to re-install windows. A repair install might work, but I can't guarantee that.

As an FYI, I've only seen two things do this. 1) virus. and 2) a failing hard drive. You said this has happened before, how long ago?
yeah try repair then if not you need to reinstall but if it is faulty hardware this would need fixing first
'celegorm , i have also seen faulty memory do this as well

You've seen memory do this as well?? I belive it, but i've never seen it before. Just to get that out of the equation You could run memtest on the computer. It runs off of a bootable CD so no need to worry about not getting into windows.

You've seen memory do this as well?? I belive it, but i've never seen it before. Just to get that out of the equation You could run memtest on the computer. It runs off of a bootable CD so no need to worry about not getting into windows.
yeah with my old amd athlon xp sys , i had a stick of ram , was sd ram ,put it in and it did this , so being computer savvy the first think i thought was have i seated it right , checked all that was seated fine so i ran memttest , over 60k errors ,

It makes sense that it would be a hardware issue. Because when it was working i kept hearing noises come from the hardrive and weird shit would happen, like incredible slowness and random restarting. But the weird shit would usually only happen when i heard the noises. How do you do a memtest?

download it , burn to cd , put the cd in and then it should auto run

also sounds like a hd failure

Well the first most obvious thing i would do is check your drives for floppies, non bootable CDs etc. That error normally means that its attempting to boot from a non bootable device.:)

Then take a look here http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000465.htm

And if non of that sorts it, then goto your HDD manufacturers website and download the diagnostic tools from them

It could be either the file gone corrupted. You should enter Recovery console of your Windows XP CD and type in fixmbr and fixboot.

Now, if that doesn't work, do what Raffaz said.

Back
Top Bottom