New product from Microsoft: Surface

I saw it on TV, people were moving their hands over it, it made ripples as they did, it was just like water, [reminded me of the CG used in SG1, lol.] ---yeah, ten grand, I liked how you could appear to be able to "pick up" a screen from among the others to bring it to the "surface", & once there, tap it to see more, a-m-a-z-i-n-gggggg!
clever-man2.gif

Thats amazing! I didn't think that was possible yet.

On what part, it shows the Microsoft Zune, like the mobiles interacting, knowing what it is.

I bet you, the Zune already has that technology built in to be used on this in reality.

Imagine you being able to draw on a table, unlike a tablet, that allows you to be a real artist with it.

Creating music with a keyboard on screen,

Editing music without having to touch a mouse, controlling volumes, etc and effects with the touch of a finger.

3D modelling by stretching and pulling

Thats just some possibilities I thought of

Of course Zune has the technology there. It's just up to Microsoft to implement it through software.

Imagine gaming with the Surface. RTS games will be SOOO awesome. :)

The music one seems like a very good one be able to use keyboard, decks etc!

lol i thought you said "Ducks"...

but that thing looks pretty freakin sweet...does seem a bit unpractical for the average user though, i like the ease of dumping pics and transferring them to other devices though..

lol i thought you said "Ducks", but that thing looks pretty freakin sweet...does seem a bit unpractical for the average user though, i like the ease of dumping pics and transferring them to other devices though..
Ha ha, what, as in ducks swimming in the water effect?, hilarious
leseratte.gif
lol.

Get ready for a new era of backaches.
Not for me, I could well be dead before it's on the market, even then at £/$10,000 who will be able to afford it???, & believe me it'll be a looooonng time before the price drops, it takes ages for games consoles to come down, but that will be nothing compared to this!!

i dont think that games would work to well on it and if they did i dont think i would like it

It's primary design is not for gaming. Although it would be nice to see what Command & Conquer 3, Company of Heroes or Supreme Commander would feel like playing on a giant 30" multi-touch screen. Talk about Real-Time Strategy. :D

Card games would work though. Like previously mentioned.

Back
Top Bottom