Hi, newbiw here

Welcome, but you have ME, lol. Oh dear.

Go back to 98 or 2000..
go back to 2000? so ME came out after 2000? i didnt know that. if thats true then thats pretty stupid lol. anyway yeah i know what id do to get hold of 98,2000 or xp but i dont know if you are familiar with my methods.

go back to 2000? so ME came out after 2000? i didnt know that. if thats true then thats pretty stupid lol. anyway yeah i know what id do to get hold of 98,2000 or xp but i dont know if you are familiar with my methods.
i think 2000 was released for the profesionala users and me was released for home users , also me was based on 98 dos based , yet wind 2000 is nt based like xp

i think 2000 was released for the profesionala users and me was released for home users , also me was based on 98 dos based , yet wind 2000 is nt based like xp
yea thats right. i just assumed ME came out before 2000, but according to wiki ME was sept 2000 and 2k was feb 2000. i just thought it would of been the other way around. stupid microsoft

2000 was built for networks, ME was built for home users.

2000 is NT based whereas ME was DOS based.

Wow I didnt think people still used ME, can you still get updates for it? I agree with the others and would get shot of it, try and buy a second hand one with xp on if you cant afford a new one. you could try and run xp on it but you only have a small processor, and i thought my computer was old lol

Hello, were here to help. I can see by your specs why you run ME. Theres obviously some reason you have such an outdated computer, but if you are going to spend money upgrading it I would suggest the "For Sale/Trade" Section. I can see you have already upgraded RAM from 128MB to 319MB. If youre going to upgrade, i would suggest some more RAM. you should be able to run XP on this system if you upgrade your Ram.

i have xp running on a crapper system than his. its all about tweaking. then again it depends if you have the money/get your software from the right places (wink wink)

i have xp running on a crapper system than his. its all about tweaking. then again it depends if you have the money/get your software from the right places (wink wink)

ive had win xp running on worse than that as well ,but if he added some more ram he could run it more stable , or look around , you can pick up a cheap 2nd user system for about £30 or less that can run xp very well
and if you know the T word then you can get software for free

Back
Top Bottom