Hi, newbiw here

HPGUY66

BSOD
Hi, newbie here

Hi all I am new to this site and I am hoping to find some hints, tricks and tips for Windows ME which I have :eek: so I hope this is the right forum site :cool:

I do not have to many problems with ME and I keep it running pretty smoothly most of the time however I had to reinstall it once without formatting the hard drive to preserve all the files and such.

It is a bit slow and I run scans weekly for Viruses, Spyware, Adware and I even have Registry Mechanic.

hey welcome to the forum hope you enjoy your saty

ooh windows me , well my advice is get a new comp lol but i am sure you have valid reasons why not

welcome :p
if i were you id upgrade to windows 2000 and tweak it a bit (if you have a slower computer). theres even ways to make it run smoothly on a 32mb ram system. i just think 2000 is much better than me

3 posts in a row dissing ME. that cant be good :p
so what are your system specs?

Well i have a

Hp Pavilion 6835
319 MB of SDRAM memory
800MHz Intel Celeron processor
30 GB ultra DMA hard drive
An DSL internet connection thru a LAN
I have a CD burner that came with the computer

I ran ME on a 32MB system and it was not good. ME ftl.
Welcome to the site.

Well i have a

Hp Pavilion 6835
319 MB of SDRAM memory
that will run xp, and shockingly vista (well vista lite, would be pretty slow though).
if you can you should get 2000 or xp on it. my 500mhz amd athlon, 320mb sd ram, 10gb hdd pc has xp pro on and it doesnt run at the speed of light but its very useable.

edit@ d lew, so have i lol, its noticeably slower than using 98. i did try and install 2000 as i know you can tweak it but it wouldnt load. i think i know why now so that may be a project for me.

Well i have a

Hp Pavilion 6835
319 MB of SDRAM memory
tatll run win 2000 very smoothly and if yo optimise it enough windows xp so i would say go for one of them , both are far mmore stable than me

Is there any threads on this forum relating to Windows ME ??

I would love to buy a new computer with a better OS but I do not have the $$$$ right now

Back
Top Bottom