comparison of 8800GTS 320mb to 8800GTS 640mb

From what i've gathered on the topic the biggest difference results in your screen resolution. If your running a huge high resolution you may want to consider the 640mb version. Also you have to take into account what your OS uses from your video memory. So if your running vista with aero you may want to think about the 640mb version although i'm sure the 320mb version will still perform quite well.

if your going to running lower resoultions like 1280x1024 when you game then the 320MB will be enough. if money really matters more than a bit of performance than go with the 320MB. unless you want to use uncompressed textures in high end games then 640MB is just overkill. also if you dont know what compressed\uncompressed textures are youll never know the difference :D

so say if i wanted to play a game like oblivion or something more graphic than oblivion, which would be best?

both cards will run oblivion on all max settings easily. Personally I would get the 640 version just to give yourself a little growing room.

go for 640
games like crysis and other dirext x ten games r going to eat up video memeory
ull be glad u did

like i said right now not much of a difference but later on i assume ull still be gaming
thats when its ganna need that extra ram on the card

If the 640 is in your budget, spring for it. I did, and I haven't regretted it once. Good pick on the EVGA. Don't forget to register the card for the lifetime warranty (just in case)

Back
Top Bottom