General Question

Thelis

Golden Master
These questions pop up from time to time but they are all specific.

How in general, would a person go about figuring out whether a graphics card goes with his/her computer?

I personally have no idea, how do you guys figure it out?

Thanks,
Thelis

it all depends on the slot, it can either be AGP or PCI , can you take a picture of your motherboard and we'll be able to deter man what slot it is

It's on a laptop, The Sony Vaio VGN-SZ-480.

How would I go about getting a pic of my mobo? I am sorta nervous about disassembling this comp, it feels very delicate.

oh a laptop, i personally have no experience in laptops, but i am sure other people do :D wait for others to post, sorry

That's alright. It seems that on these forums a lot of people are more used to desktops than laptops.

argy , you where the perosn that PM'd me about this a few days ago , well as far as i can tell you cannot upgrade laptop graphics cards
unless someone else knows of a way i have never seen laptop gpu's upgraded before so i will be happy to retract my statement that laptop gpu's can be updated if someone shows a valid way

Some notebook graphics cards are made to be taken out and upgraded, but most of them are built into the motherboard as far as I know, or at least not upgradeable.

Back
Top Bottom