Help me spend my cash :D

Well,I have $400 and i would like to upgrade my pc....So i have planned....

New Motherboard:AsRock P4VM890 $99
Details

New graphics card:nVidia Geforce 8600GT $230
Details

New RAM:1gb Samsung DDRII 667 $51

All up this is $380.....Now i have a few questions...

I Play Simulatios,Raceing games,Flight sims and the occasional Adventure/action game,Is this setup good for that?

Is this good value for money (This is all in AU$)?

Now i Should get $150 back from selling my old parts,Should i use that to buy a 3.0Ghz Dual core Pentium D? (It would cost me $10 extra for a Socket 775 Mobo,and then $140 for the Processor)

TBH: This should be posted in General Computer Hardware And Software section

dont get a 8600GT there performance compared to there price is VERY LOW. DX10 wont be mainstream for a while a 7950GT is good enough for now

AsRock motherboards work best for ATi video cards not nVidia cards keep that in mind

I don't think you want that motherboard, it's microATX. Also, you definitely will want to go with a socket 775 motherboard, that way you can always upgrade to Core 2 Duo in a little bit. Check out the Abit IB9 for a decent value socket 775 motherboard.

I got that same ASRock board new for $50 USD on newegg (I'm not sure of the relation of US and AU money). It works great to me. It's said to be stable for overclocking, but I don't overclock so I never tried...

Again, unless you have a microATX case, it's pretty pointless to get a microATX motherboard. They're generally worse quality, have less features, and are more expensive.

Lol,I didnt even notice that it is Micro ATX,What about this mobo?

I'll have to spend $50 more but it look decent DETAILS

It's a Gigabyte GA-945PL-S3 ,Its $150 (Remeber it's in AU$),DUal core and 64 bit Ready,PCIE and also Intel Hi-Def audio.

P.s The ib9 is $160,Im on a budget but im might get it .

Back
Top Bottom