multiple svchost.exe???

Couple of problems there.
Security center being disabled is a bad thing.
Murlo.ff downloads trojans

Reboot in safe mode via F8, then run your av, anti-spyware products,
spybot, adaware, etc, etc.

hi m8,

u see the 4th svchost.exe running well thats using too much RAM to be legit the most i see a normal svchost.exe using is 10,000

so as a work round until u get things sorted close the svchost using more than 14,000kb or RAM when things r running slow

multiple svchost.exe is not an issue, i too am running vista and 12 of them running and all arent taking any cpu and very little memory. They shouldn be a problem.

Couple of problems there.
Security center being disabled is a bad thing.
Murlo.ff downloads trojans

Reboot in safe mode via F8, then run your av, anti-spyware products,
spybot, adaware, etc, etc.

have done this now and 5 hours later things look ok :)
did a reboot and ran spybot again and this time ONLY tracking cookies came up as problems, not one registry error which is nice to see.

thanks for all your help!!

hi m8,

u see the 4th svchost.exe running well thats using too much RAM to be legit the most i see a normal svchost.exe using is 10,000

so as a work round until u get things sorted close the svchost using more than 14,000kb or RAM when things r running slow

great advice!!! i shut that one down and nothing happened at first but then 2 minutes the 'start panel' at the bottom of the screen changed to the windows 98 look, but only for 20 seconds then it refreshed itself to look like winXP.
otherwise all is well.

gonna do a reboot and see if that svchost comes back.
thanks!

Back
Top Bottom