Schools invasion of Privacy

Aye yeah, sort of, just down the road a little, opposite the post office. It's now called Opulence, which is weird because my girlfriend has been painting her house for a few weeks, and I noticed the paint she was using has the same logo and name as this place... so I think they have just copied it. Anyway, this place is just some fancy cocktail and wine bar now, and you do have to be 21 and smartly dressed to get in.. so ive fecked that off. Anyway, back to topic lol
yeah thought that was the place , you see all the posh people from hale going in there

back to toppic ,

another thing , i just thought how would the school find out the my space addys , i mean someone must have a lot of timeon there hands to go and find them all

yeah thought that was the place , you see all the posh people from hale going in there

back to toppic ,

another thing , i just thought how would the school find out the my space addys , i mean someone must have a lot of timeon there hands to go and find them all

No because you can search by school remember, if people add themselves to that school of course.

for people in HS drinking is illegal PERIOD. i dont care if teens are teens it still dosent make it right. if your dumb enough to post pics of you drinking for everyone of your "friends"(if your myspace is private) to see you deserve to be punished. and why add someone to your friends if they have potential of getting you in trouble. there is a HUGE! underage drinking problem and one thing that connects most underage drinkers is school. seems logical IMO for the schools to be on the lookout for people drinking under 21. also there are thousands of drunk drivers under the age of 21 THATS why schools are using things like facebook and myspace to see if your drinking. one day you might just kill someone. you might so no ill never drink and drive but thats what the other guy said. hell i cant wait to drink but im not going to go overboard with underage drinking because i also cant wait till i can drive. i have drinking in my genes im mostly Irish and Finnish lol i can take a couple of drinks more than some people but that dosent give me the right right to drink. its just not worth it to get caught

Invasion of privacy?!?!?! YOU POST IT ON THE INTERNET!!! BILLIONS! of people can access the internet. its your choice to put up so if you do then people can see it. im surprised parents havent started looking at there kids myspace. i wouldnt care too much about what his friends are like but drinking, smoking and drugs would be over the limit.

this is like speeding on the highway and complaining about officers enforcing it. simply put

that is taking it too far IMO

The US underage drinking problem is only a problem because the US makes it one. Having the drinking age extremely high at 21 is asking for problems. Kids will drink no matter what the law as demonstrated, however when it's illegal and taboo they will make every effort to hide it. Instead of taking a cab home, taking a bus home, admitting you have been drinking to parents and staying at a friends, getting a motel, etc, people will drive their cars home.

I don't know about the schools where you guys live but the one I go to has been digging pretty deep to try to figure out what goes on outside school, and some are even taking it way too far. We have pretty much a normal high school, with the regular drinking and drug use problems with a lot of people. Recently the school has been trying to take action on what we do outside of school.

At most parties and get togethers girls and other people take pictures, and then they put them up on facebook and the internet to show their friends. The school just found this out pretty much, so they scrambled up every single picture they found on facebook of people drinking, blurred out faces and made a slideshow to show high school orientations and back to school nights. Yeah, they put them up online so they should expect that to happen, but isn't that violating privacy and taking it way too far?

We've also had a few other online problems, with people who have made fun of others through chat or websites and the parents complain to the school and the school threatens to do stuff about it, can they even do that?

It sounds pretty stupid that they are able to punish or take charge of something that happens outside of school when you're in your own house. It's like me making my own website and paying for it and have a forum or something that talks about school, and if we have a topic about lets just say talking about something everyone thought was stupid in school and they tell you that you have to take it down or you're going to be punished / suspended. What are your guys opinions on all this?
i got put on report a few years back for something i did online. i was kind of slagging off one girl to her face (although it was a joke) and the only thing to do with school was i called one teacher fat or something (shes huge), but the person i was joking about with was the one who reported me, just to get me in the s**t. although the only proof was an msn convo and it was nothing to do with the school anyway. i was peanalized for months. i said i was sorry, i said it was a joke, etc, made no difference. if i could go back in time then things would be different. id tell them to take me off report or i will kiss goodbye to my education. anyway that was my old school and they took things a bit too far. i often got in trouble for things i didnt do. it sucks

No because you can search by school remember, if people add themselves to that school of course.
oh yeah , but still they shouldnt be looking at peopels myspaces , nxt they will be profiling the parents and rejecting peoples aplications to scholls cos of there parents or blaming the kids if there parents ever do anything wrong

The US underage drinking problem is only a problem because the US makes it one.

That's true. I believe that the more restrictions are put on something, the more people will want to do it because they aren't supposed to. That's like saying "don't pour gas into the fire" to a kid, most of the time they'll do it just to watch the explosion. It's like gun control, notice how areas with high gun control have higher violent crime rates? same thing for alcohol, people drink it underage because they don't want to wait until they're 21 to do it and there's that "rebel" part of people that makes them do things they aren't supposed to. I'm 16 and personally I don't drink, but if people my age want to drink then that's their business. Personally I choose not to drink and I'm fine waiting until I'm 21 and I'm in no rush to start. Like I said, if people want to drink then they'll do it and that's their business. As long as they don't drive after drinking I'm fine.

Like I always said, you're going to have problems when kids in the US can be drafted into military service, have a rifle shoved in their hands and ordered to kill others when they can't even have a drink of alcohol because you're underage. That's just asking for problems.

Like I always said, you're going to have problems when kids in the US can be drafted into military service, have a rifle shoved in their hands and ordered to kill others when they can't even have a drink of alcohol because you're underage. That's just asking for problems.

I think that sums it up pretty dang well. I've never thought of it that way and it makes sense. If you're old enough to serve in the military, you should be able to drink.

I think that sums it up pretty dang well. I've never thought of it that way and it makes sense. If you're old enough to serve in the military, you should be able to drink.

not just serve in the milatery , if you are old enough that the government says here you are responsible enough to take another mans life but then they turn round and say oh no but we cant trust you to drink alcohol

My school is guilty of this, sadly.

From what I've heard, now this could be just a rumor, but I'm 99% sure its not, some school official made a fake facebook and got several students to be friends with him. Some students had things that were not good, to say the least. Now said people are getting in trouble for it.

In addition to facebook, there was a video on YouTube that some kid posted of how he climbed up to the roof of the school and was dancing around on it. School officials found out, hes busted. This kind of thing, however, i can understand because it had to do with the school, but its the outside partys that i think is bullcrap.

But even though i think its wrong for the school to do this, I still think you are a complete retard for putting these kind of pics up.

Back
Top Bottom