how to overclock

Your spot on Muz if hes a beginner he wants to stay well away from the multiplier and voltages it will only end in disaster ,don't run before you can walk!!!
not just that but he can only unlock the multiplier if he has one of the socket A amd's that could be modded or an intel extreme cpu , you cant just unlock any old cpu
and i agree inkeeping it simple at first then looking into raising voltages and ram timings etc
as for sticking to fsb that is it , i dont wanna raise my voltage cos i dont know how much will kill my cpu i believe one theese northwoods go over 1.75 the northwood sudden death syndrome begins which i dont like the sound of

also raising the bus speed givers overall higher performance as the cpu's comuunication to the rest of teh system is faster rather than just the rate it computers data which would be increased by raising the multiplier as the bus isnt changed there

as for runnig before you can walk , i would try overclcocking on ald old machine first , i did this on an old athlon xp 1.1ghz and managed 1.5 then i got 1.6 and boom unstable even at raised voltage , seemed the board didnt like it that high so i stuck at 1.5 measured temps and shes a gooden
then i sold it as it was unviable to keep it but that served a very good lesson cos if it would have burst into flames which i highly doubt i wouldnt have cared cos i still had another system

also @ the person wanting help , you arent guranteed a good overclcock , i could go out and build 2 identical systems but one may overclcock better thanthe other , it just depends on the luck of the draw and your chipset and cpu when it comes to over clocking , one could overclock way high the other may not go so high so bare that in mind

you more than likely wont damage hardware but do bare in mind that overclocking will void your CPU's warranty. if you do break it dont tell them you overclocked it. they cannot tell unless you tell them.

hmm? really? all multipliers are locked? oh. darn. i didnt know that. but can u unlock by reseting cmos?

nope , if it is a socket A amd then there are mods to unlock but as far as i knnow they are the last ones that can be unlocked

Multi's are locked on all CPU's unless it's an Extreme edition or a FX series processor, not sure on the newer FX's though. There are mods for the old socket A's, but those were on certain ones that I don't know very much about.

Voltage can kill your CPU, RAM, and Motherboard, but just be careful with it. Even the slightest voltage increase can make a stable OC.

That Pc System Tool above didn't work for me.
Any other Ideas??

My computers specs are listed below...could you guys assist me??

No problem. Thanks for getting on that right away.

Oh, just realised you are new here, so Welcome!

let us know if that link is of any help.

Back
Top Bottom