help with my motherboard

cmeans37

Solid State Member
I just got a new motherboard and i need to know how to get my old hardrive to run with it so that i can get my OS and all of my files

just plug it in to the ide or sata slot like the old mobo and boot up. you might have to reinstall windows but more than likely you shouldnt. if you dont just dont format and all your files are still there

yeah sometimes you may be lucky and it will just run smoothly and you just install the drivers when your into windows but other times it may come up with an error in that case try this

if you have an xp cd

1) Boot ur system with Xp CD.
2) Go for installtion, at the time of installation it will detect there is an OS already installed on you system and ask you if you want to go for a fresh installation or repair the previous one.

If you chose to repair it will copy all the required files automatically, preserving ur settings & programs as well thats what it shud do

no you just have to repair the installation , this all i have ever had to do on upgrading lcpu and it ran smoothly , put in your win xp cd then there should be an option to repair the installation , run this first it should work if not do as directed above

Back
Top Bottom