processor comparison

it had pci-e x16 express on it
i dont think i can overclock cause i cant find the settings in the BIOS, and yea i want to get an 8800 GTS

u dont need to overclock if u go for the e6400 or a e6600 if u save up that will work fine with an 8800(go for the 640meg one its worth it)

Core 2 Duo in a non supported motherboard? I doubt it will work. The P-D's use a different VRM compared to the Core 2 Duos. So you can theoretically kill the chip...

its definatly not going to work if your motherboard doesnt support the chip. if you are upgrading to a geforce 8800gts and an intel core 2 you may as well just upgrade your entire system considering the video card and the processor is going to run you around 500$.

with everything it will be $458, this is just for this computer, to make it final, of course ill take out the vid card though, and put something cheaper in...eventually, i can barely afford what im gonna do to it, but it needs it so bad, i really want to get a high end gaming computer but with everything and i mean eve-re-thing it'll cost about $2200 4 gigs of ram, the highest core 2 duo, 8800 GTX fancy tower, professional wireing, the works, i just cant right now and all i can scrap is this lone $500
but i just want to make this computer as good as i can so it wont go to waste

and i think ill stay away from putting the core duo in this machine...just in case of what ownage says comes true...then id be out $318, ill just stick in the cheap pentium d

all you really need is around 1,000$ for an extremely good gaming computer. personally i think it would be a waste spending 2200$ there really isnt any need for the highest quad core processor and an 8800gtx you would be perfectly satisfied with an E6600 and an 8800GTS. Also there is no need for 4 gigs of ram 2 gigs is more then enough.

if you want to upgrade that computer then just stick with the pentium D and get a geforce 7950gt or a radeon x1950xt. sticking an 8800gts in that comp wouldnt really make much sense its such a high end video card and that system will bottleneck its performance.

well i might as well get a dx10 card since i have vista, but yea no need to go nuts with parts

so how does a core 2 duo work? its the ghz x2? like 2.0GHz x2= 4GHz? ive been wondering about this

well no its to engines that divide up the work
the pentuim d does this to
put it dosnt run on the same die so there was a big bottle neck
the core 2 duo is on one die so it communicated much faster
pluse theres a lot of there things like like fsb and stuph but im to tired to go into detail

throwing good money after bad money

this is a bad idea, despite your desires to upgrade this current machine so it doesnt go to waste, this is a horrible idea.

trying to put a c2d in a pentium socket? thats asking for it.

also, instead of trying to make an incapable machine a high end gaming machine , save your money, build an actual gaming machine (you definitely do not need $2200). THEN use this machine for other basic stuff, then both your machines will be justified.

zaki that dosnt make sence
there is no such thing as a pentuim socket
they both use slot 755 i think or somthing like that
but good try

Back
Top Bottom