processor comparison

kinda weird i made a post saying that i couldnt use core 2 duos cause my mother board cant handle it... the most advanced processor i can put in it is pentium D and then pentium 4 then celeron D. I have a celeron D in it right now so the no.2 pentium D will be leaps and bounds above the celeron

now im gonna have to start another thread to see if that pentium D will work ok with an 8800 GTS video card...i hope it wont bottleneck with that in it, probably not though

wait
dude what mother bord do u have
just cuz it dosnt support it dosnt mean a bios upgrade cant fix that
also a 3.2 ghz pentuim d shouldnt bottle neck it as long as u have fast ram
but whats your mother bord specs u problely could use a core 2 duo

kinda weird i made a post saying that i couldnt use core 2 duos cause my mother board cant handle it... the most advanced processor i can put in it is pentium D and then pentium 4 then celeron D. I have a celeron D in it right now so the no.2 pentium D will be leaps and bounds above the celeron

now im gonna have to start another thread to see if that pentium D will work ok with an 8800 GTS video card...i hope it wont bottleneck with that in it, probably not though

i dont care how dear your current mobo may be to you, but it would NOT be worth buying a pentium d at this stage, especially one for that much.

hell you can buy a core 2 duo and a cheap mobo to support it for $200-$250.

no excuse to go the pentium way, trust me you will be beating yourself up quite a bit later on.

either dont upgrade at all, or make the actuall shift to a platform that will be worth the money.

here is a good combo:
gigabyte mobo that supports quad core for future upgrading.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128042
Core 2 duo e4400 at 2.0 ghz.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819115014

all for $235, if you are at the point where you cant even spend $50 more to get a core 2 duo instead of a pentium, then you should not be making an upgrade right now.

heres the link for the motherboard gotta remember its an emachines i cant even overclock anything in the damn thing the emachines model is w3507 but it has 2gigs of ram at 533mhz speed...i didnt want to spend the money just to have the ram be knocked back to 533mhz, ill try that when i have money to burn lol http://www.intel.com/products/motherboard/d102ggc2/index.htm

well right now i cant work so money is slim pickings until i actually can start working so im nit picking, once i can work ill get a fancy schmancy gaming computer built, but since this computer was a gift to me i might as well do what i can with it, then give it to the wife...shes using a dell that doesnt even have AGP or PCI-E so it will be good for her to use

even tho its not supported im telling u your bord can run a core 2 duo
my friend had one that didnt support it and it ran fine
its got the right slot for the prossesor so go for it
worst comes to worst u have 2 weeks to return the prossesor to newegg

ya just got for it
its totaly worth it
core 2 duo is a beast
what slot u have for video card?
pcix16 or avg
u got pcix16 an 8800 pluse a core 2 duo over clocked = beastly gaming (as long as u overclock that ram as well little slow there)
now need for a new set up
upgrade what u got till u cant play games in meduim-high settings with good frame rates

Back
Top Bottom