TV Tuners aka hell tuners

lhuser

Golden Master
I mean, jeese! Why does TV Tuner cards has to be such a hassle to shop for?! Everery card I found ALWAYS has some sort of problems, either from the card or the software! What's a TV tuner to do when it doesn't work properly?

At least, I found two. A $90 one and a $60 one without reviews. The TV Wonder from ATI doesn't come with a remote. I need to order one and I don't want to pay shipping for a damn remote! The TV Wonder 200 was the start...pure POS.

At least, I wounded up with Hauppauge...but damn! That is the most difficult thing to find! Good god!

i have a very old win tv card and it has never given me problems although it only takes analogue signals none of this digital stuff

Let's see...

Hauppauge 1062 WIN-TV-PVR-150 <- 90 US and comes with a Media Center remote.

Hauppauge WINTV-GO-PLUS <- 60 bucks and comes with remote.

ive always wanted one but ive heard all the ones in places like currys are just cheap and crappy. although i might risk it and try a hauppauge one and if it sucks ill bring it back.

Nooo don't get one from Currys, I must of bought £400 worth of hardware and software from there, all crap.

I use the PVR 150, and never have had any problems......ummm actually....only when MCE first came out, and getting it to work with that was a complete ****.

That was MCE's fault though when they upgraded it, it worked perfectly, absolutely no problems, so I would have no hesitation in recommending it.

Nooo don't get one from Currys, I must of bought £400 worth of hardware and software from there, all crap.
my laptop and desktop and other stuff are from currys and they are perfectly fine for the price. its just ive heard bad things about the tv cards from there... from the manager of our local currys in fact :eek:

Back
Top Bottom