vista isnt bad actually

i just installed vista lite on my laptop after the success on my desktop. the fact that the power options dont work for s**t and the toshiba power saver doesnt wanna work means the battery life isnt too good which is a big problem. apart from that its ok. i like this much better than the normal vista
Wheres that from mate, any links? I might have to check it out. :)

Wheres that from mate, any links? I might have to check it out. :)

PM sent
it is running on my laptop
intel pent M 512mb ram and a 8.5gb partition for it and it runs well , obviously my ram is a bit limited so if i open like 3-4 progs it will start lagging but i have ie 7 with about 5 tabs and wmp player open and all is fine

Vista Lite runs with no problems. I think I've figured the source of lock ups...the AGP controller drivers.
Ubuntu has no problem on multiple processor systems :)
Good to hear! I might give it a go. I'll probably stick to Vista lite, as it is a little better for software inventory, but Ubuntu might replace it with a hit. It just depends on how it works with Cedega.

But it's good to hear that.

Hmmm, thats certainly true for XP mate, but vista can support 8gb of RAM, and a wopping 32 GB for 64bit. Now most people arent gonna need that but if your like me and run loads of virtual machines etc then its not overkill. :)

I've got 32bit vista and my PC's mobo supports 4GB RAM, does that mean I could upgrade to 3 or 4GB RAM and not have stability issues as I would in XP?

Back
Top Bottom