Norton Live Update Error …

Zer0Cool

Fully Optimized
Hello

When ever I try to do the “Live Update” on my Norton Antivirus or Norton firewall, it fails. I once had 2 antivirus programs running at the same time, and I thought that this was the problem. So yesterday I deleted the 2nd antivirus program, and downloaded a new “Norton Live Update” installed it, then restarted the comp, and it was working again. So today I tried to do the Live Update and again it wasn't able to do it, some kind of an error came up… (Something about not able to connect to the server, plz try again later bla bla bla bla)

Can anyone help plz?

First off, having 2 running at the same time is bad :p they just fight against eachother, second, you not fancy trying something other than norton? It's a big recourse hog that alot of people find useless, would be worth trying something else, like NOD32 etc :)

Could be the symantec server. Try emailing them and see if they say anything, in my experience their support was awful but it may work out better for you. Pesonally I'd do as Steff said and try something else like NOD32. Norton is definitely a resource hog and the detection isn't that great either. Most people here will say the same too.

The problem may come from the connection. Norton...eeeerrhhgh. NOD32 is good. Avast home is good for free!

Somehow that's what I thought that u all will say lol :D OK so u have convinced me to remove Norton and install the NOD32, now question, Does NOD32 have a "Auto Detect" function like Norton? Coz I have found that Norton's "Auto Detect" future had caught lots and lots of viruses for me. And if it doesn't have it, I would really like one, what would u suggest?

I also have the Symantec Firewall, would u say thats its also bad? If yes what firewall would u sugest me to get?

Well that's very nice to know! TY

I am doing some research right now, trying to figure out which one is the most optimum antivirus program for me and its kind of hard to say. Right now I am stuck between NOD32 & Kaspersky.

My problem has been resolved in this thread, so I will open up a new one, and will try to get peoples suggestions on what antivirus to get and what firewall

Thank You all

To be honest dont really care if its free or not, i just want it to be good :D

Plz see my new thread ty

Back
Top Bottom