Annoying Ticking Sound

Camelia

BSOD
Everytime I click on a link or go to a different webpage, my laptop always a ticking sound and it very annoying when I'm trying to listen to music on my eadphones. Everytime I go to a new page, I have to hear 'Tick'. Does anyone know how to fix this problem?

Well then what else in a laptop even has the ability to make a tick sound? Absolutely nothing comes to mind.

I have had many hard drives fail on me over the years, almost all of them ticked for some time before dying.

Well then what else in a laptop even has the ability to make a tick sound? Absolutely nothing comes to mind.

I have had many hard drives fail on me over the years, almost all of them ticked for some time before dying.

It's an internal sound, it's only can be heard through the laptop's speaker or headphone and it's only in the internet. It has to do with Internet Explorer. It happens with all computers.

It's an internal sound, it's only can be heard through the laptop's speaker or headphone and it's only in the internet. It has to do with Internet Explorer. It happens with all computers.

Easy, (well i hope for you)
If it's not the hard drive failing...

IE... only through the speakers...

It's the browser it's self... lol

To fix it, if you have either IE 6 or 7 go to
Internet Options and advance
^
Or/
But yeah, parismouton, right on the ball V, good on ya!

Ah.. I see. Well, I never use IE and I disable system sounds so I haven't heard that click in a lonnnnnng time.

Back
Top Bottom