Noob question me thinks :D

muz

Golden Master
well here is my question
how do yall measure your cpu temps both under load and idle cos i always wondered is there a particular way or something .
her si what i am doing , running a piece of software called occt which states it is using 99.48% of my cpu and i have had it running for 3h 21min and my cpu temperature is 41degrees my mobo is 32 and my hd is 27
is this the way you measure is there another way .

also do them temps sound about right for a socket 478 2.8ghz northwood p4 with an akasa ak675 cooler on top and a front led fan pulling air in over my hd and a rear normal fan pushing air out the back , i also have a window sided case with an 80mm led fan blowing air onto the mobo gpu and part of the cpu cooler

also all the other fans are 80mm even the one on the cooler

That seems like a good way to me to check temps.

Those temps you posted are very good for being under load. At 41°C, your processor is barely even breaking a sweat. :D

yeah his prime 995 works better , well in a bad way sort of my cpu has raised 43

Prime95 works great for stress testing. Generally 10 hours is considered completely stable. But because it works the CPU so hard, if you get one minor error after a while, it shouldn't be a problem because 99.9% of other applications won't put that much stress on the CPU.

Prime95 works great for stress testing. Generally 10 hours is considered completely stable. But because it works the CPU so hard, if you get one minor error after a while, it shouldn't be a problem because 99.9% of other applications won't put that much stress on the CPU.

i didnt want to test stability just the load temps , i had it running for only 2 hours and it stressed my cpu more in that time than the other app did in 4 hours

Back
Top Bottom