dell dimension 4700 upgrade

ferret00

Solid State Member
need a bit of advice if possible i have a dell dimension 4700 p4 3.0gz 530 ht, but i was thinking to upgrade to a dual core would this be possible, i have plenty of memory and a good graphics card. Also if i can upgrade do i need to buy anything else.

think that may be socket 478 so no upgrade to dual core
you may wanna build a new system depending on what money you have

also post your full specs as it may not be socket 478

umm if thats the M3918 model then no i dont think it can have dual core

although i cant get any website to tell me what motherboard is inside them dells

maybe coz they vary to each machine ???

if you posted a motherboard name and model no. then we could def tell ya

but first glance is no i dont think so

for motherboard details download everest home edition just google it

well, your machine has an Intel Pentium 4 521 it seems because of the 800mhz FSB and the DDR2 so u you could but a higher Pentium 4 up to 551 (3.0GHZ) but thats about it without changing the board and dell is a pain in most cases because they use their own form factor for motherboards.

thanks for the advice my motherboard model is om3918 the socket is 775 LGA
my full spec is
pentium 4 530 HT 3.00GHZ 1mb cache
2G of memory
ati1950pro graphics card

too be honest m8 i cnt really find alot of spec on that motherboard the 1 web page i did find said it was only compatibly with pentium 4 processors not celerons and not C2D's which i thought was probably right regarding the core2duo's but probably wrong regarding celerons ???

it didnt specifically say it cnt take celerons same as it didnt specifically say it cnt take Core2Duo's but it said compatibly processors Pentium 4

i dont know what to say m8 my personal guess would be no. but you might be able to get away with a Pentium D since that is technically a Pentium 4 ???

fucking dells such a pain in the ass

Back
Top Bottom